on board credit

I believe it depends on how the credit was earned and how you setup the onboard charging.

I always take "responsibility" for my wife and son when checking in so we are all setup as one "account" with all the OBC on it and charging to my card at the end of the cruise.

Not sure how it works though if you have separate accounts.

I had asked this question last week when I called to take advantage of the recent promo... 

Unless you set up more than one account (each linked to a different credit card) they will simply apply/make available the full OBC through the one account (much easier too).

Unless you set up more than one account (each linked to a different credit card) they will simply apply/make available the full OBC through the one account (much easier too).

That is correct.  If you are all under one account, each of your charges will pool from the same expense account.

Have not put multiple rooms on one charge card but I know it offers me the option to do so when I do my pre cruise registration. I would assume at that point that just like with multiple people in one rooms it creates a "folio" for each person but then moves all the activity off each folio onto the master folio. If that's the case then all the OBC and all the charges regardless of who "earned the OBC" or "charged" the expense would end up in one account, net against each other and then the remaining balance billed to your card.

Looking at the other side of the question. I know when I have redeemed my RCI Visa OBC in the past it asks whether you want it all on one name or split between the two occupants of the room. So it would seem that the OBC can and should be assigned to each folio based on how it was earned. Back to the OP, I would expect each of your accounts to have half the OBC assuming you setup two accounts.

Regardless, a trip to Guest Services should be able to move OBC around between the folios if you need it to be on one of the other account (Unless one of you doesn't know he is getting OBC?)

I signed up for Nextcruise in March, at the time the cruise I purchased gave me a $100 OBC which was immediately added to the account on my current cruise. I believe you can choose whether to take the OBC on your current cruise or the future cruise you are booking for.

The option was not presented to me it was just automatically done for my current cruise, I would have picked that anyway so I didn't ask.

Since I have already spent the $100 my deposit is not refundable but it was only $100 anyway, so worst case I cancel and have $0 out of pocket, best case I already spent the OBC and have $100 deposit applied against the future cruise.

When you sign up for  a "next cruise" on your current sailing, do you get a room OBC as well that you can use on your current cruise?

You have a choice to get the credit on the current cruise or save it for the cruise you just booked.

Ok...and the OBC size depends on the future cruise you book right, not the cruise you are on now? Is there a set/standard amount that they offer or it varies on lots of different factors?

You would think I would have looked into this with all the cruises I do, but never have and prob have missed out on some deals or OBC's for sure!

They run various specials that can cause the OBCs to vary. On a recent cruise (can't remember which one) they were advertising some super complicated OBC plan that offered up to $1800 OBC but it turned out to be a shell game. I can't remember the details but in the end, it was bogus and we ended up just going with the standard OBC and C&A discount...and then eventually we got a Club Royale discount that beat everything !

I think the nextcruise OBC is pretty simple, don't have it in front of me but basically the two variables are length of cruise and type of cabin.

From memory inside & oceanview are now lumped together and balcony & suites are as well.

I know for the 7 nt in a balcony I reserved in march it was $100 OBC. I think the Inside/Ocean OBC was maybe $50 for that cruise. Shorter cruises were less.

Think I found the details:

Under 5 nts - No OBC

5-7 Nt - $50 Interior/OV, $100 Balcony/JS, $200 GS and above

8-10 Nt - $100 Int/OV, $150 Balcony/JS, $300 GS and above

11-14 Nt - $150 Int/OV, $200 Balcony/JS, $400 GS and above

15+ Nt - $200 Int/OV, $250 Balcony/JS, $500 GS and above

Definitely rewards long cruises and big suites, not much for the others but better than nothing ... no joy at all for your Enchantment cruises though :(