Oasis 3 Ship Steel Cutting

Tylor

Big day in France today, first of 400K pieces of steel was cut for our next #Oasis class ship. #BuildingCruiseShip

BU2DjcJCAAASyMx.jpg

CEO Richard Fain reveals our third Oasis class ship will be slightly larger than Allure, but more energy efficient. The name will be revealed in a years time.

BU1v7FKCIAAQB22.jpg

Lots of chatter about how Executives show up for Oasis 3 steel cutting but not in person to Quantum or Anthem steel cutting. Also exects show up to update Quantum last week on their way to Oasis 3!! #odd #OasisMoreImportant

Press Release: http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1031/royal-caribbean-international-begins-construction-on-third-oasis-class-ship-/

• 2 weeks later...

"Slightly bigger" as in the 5 inch difference between Oasis and Allure? On a ship that big that's just a rounding error. :)

Couple inches is all that matters.  Plus, Royal Caribbean can boast they have the 3 largest cruise ships in the world.

Do we know when RCI are likely to announce the name of this beauty? Surely it can't be too far away...

Good question, as well as the name for Quantum 3.  Both Oasis 3 and Quantum 3 are scheduled for "mid-2016".  

I believe the problem is from a PR standpoint.  Royal Caribbean wants to maximize exposure for all its new ships so it can get he most press possible and right now it's all about Quantum of the Seas.  I'm sure they are waiting for an opportune time to make name announcements.

Good question, as well as the name for Quantum 3.  Both Oasis 3 and Quantum 3 are scheduled for "mid-2016".  

I believe the problem is from a PR standpoint.  Royal Caribbean wants to maximize exposure for all its new ships so it can get he most press possible and right now it's all about Quantum of the Seas.  I'm sure they are waiting for an opportune time to make name announcements.

Makes me think actually, they've never really had this many new ships on the go at once, have they? In this age of YouTube and what-not, where we expect videos and pictures and as much info as we can get, it's probably a pretty tough balancing act with regards to what info they release and when they release it.

Makes me think actually, they've never really had this many new ships on the go at once, have they? In this age of YouTube and what-not, where we expect videos and pictures and as much info as we can get, it's probably a pretty tough balancing act with regards to what info they release and when they release it.

I cant recall a time when multiple classes of ships were being built at same time.  In the past, it's been a class at a time so overlap like this isn't something I remember occurring.

I cant recall a time when multiple classes of ships were being built at same time.  In the past, it's been a class at a time so overlap like this isn't something I remember occurring.

For 3 years the Radiance Class and Voyager Class were built and ships debuted at the same time.

Adventure and Radiance debuted the same year in 2001

Navigator and Brilliance debuted the same year in 2002

Mariner and Serenade debuted the same year in 2003

For 3 years the Radiance Class and Voyager Class were built and ships debuted at the same time.

Oh right, good catch Tyler

Whoops - need to edit my signature; I thought I was on Adventure in Nov 2001, but it debuted on Nov 18th.  The timestamps on my photos are from 2002 so it was just after it's 1st Anniversary.