Head's up everyone who is on the blog group cruise...and everyone else too, I guess!

RCI began a 72 hour cybersale this morning. I'm not sure if it is going to benefit everyone but it looks as if it is going to benefit those of us on the blog cruise.

For those who have booked in my group they are showing a $25 per person reduction ($50 per cabin). It does not appear that the base price of the cruise has changed so it looks like a legitimate $50 reduction in the price of the cruise...for everyone but me and Stephanie...and anyone else who may have booked using a significantly discounted fare :(

Anyway...call and see if your already-booked cruise will benefit or if you have been waiting to book, now may be the time !

Good luck everyone !

Called again just now... another $36 saved with this cybersale... chipping away at that airfare to Ft. Lauderdale from LI, NY... also saved $69 a couple of days ago when the new promo (30/30) took effect... $93 saved with base rate reduction while the last promo was still in effect (50/50..) too... definitely pays to book early and closely monitor the sales!

Fare down a total of $198 (just 2 of us) since I booked this past March 19th and we thought that price was awesome!  Every bit helps!

Thanks!!!   :)

All of my future bookings are several hundred dollars higher even under the current 72 hour sale.  While I'd like the additional savings, I guess that just means I booked at a really good rate.

Thanks for letting us know.  It never hurts to check. :)

Called again just now... another $36 saved with this cybersale... chipping away at that airfare to Ft. Lauderdale from LI, NY... also saved $69 a couple of days ago when the new promo (30/30) took effect... $93 saved with base rate reduction while the last promo was still in effect (50/50..) too... definitely pays to book early and closely monitor the sales!

Fare down a total of $198 (just 2 of us) since I booked this past March 19th and we thought that price was awesome!  Every bit helps!

Thanks!!!   :)

Every little bit helps!

Looks like the cruise fare returned to the rate I had prior to the 72 hour cybersale (30/30 rate), but the $100 OBC would apply I assume... net reduction of approx $61 since fare went back up $39... will call later when they open...

Update: Made the adjustment... fare up $36, but $100 OBC credited...

Question!  

I see the OBC listed on the reservation confirmation just e-mailed to me, but is there a place online to view that OBC balance when I'm logged in under the reservation?  I do see they have a notice that future updates to the reservation must go through a specific telephone number since OBC is now involved...

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

If you booked directly (via phone or internet) with Royal then you would contact them (suggest via phone) and ask whether you can take advantage of the new savings/OBC. If you booked through a travel agent then you would need to speak to your travel agent and have them contact Royal with the same question.

If you are inside final payment then they will not usually honor the reprice request, but if the price for a higher level cabin has fallen below your price then they will offer you a free upgrade.

If you have not yet hit final payment date then you should be able to reprice to take advantage of the new savings/OBC. (In essence you have the ability to cancel your booking, get a refund of your deposit and then rebook at the current pricing/special, so they will allow you to reprice). Be careful with this though, you are NOT able to keep your original price and just take the benefit of the current OBC/Special. They will look at your request as making a whole new booking, so if the price has gone up since you booked it may not make sense to rebook to get the OBC/Special.

This is based on the US/Canada rules which means you can cancel for a full refund prior to final payment, rules for other countries are different so if you are not US/Canada the above is probably not relevant.

If you have already made your final payment (and you are within the 45-60 days prior to the cruise) they will allow you to rebook and take advantage of the sale/discount/promo BUT they will also charge you whatever penalty applies so I have never known it to be advantageous to try and reprice a cruise after final payment date (the drop-dead date) has passed. They do that so that those [of us] who have already booked and paid for their cruise canNOT take advantage of any last minute [mythical] deals. Otherwise, everyone would just rebook at the last minute if there are any "last minute deep discounts" offered and there was no penalty for doing that.

Personally, I don't see that many of these alleged last minute deep discount prices to begin with, and they are supposed to be stopping those anyway...whatever there are of them. We did see some advertised last minute deep discounts this past weekend but believe me, they were anything but deeply discounted. It's a marketing gimmick and almost NEVER results in any real savings...especially if you have to fly. Any savings you MIGHT see from the cruise itself will be more than gobbled up by the price hike in airfares.

Bottom line....call RCI or call your TA and ask them to check. RCI will do it gladly and the TA will probably do it begrudgingly (exception....Michelle !) but it's easy to find out if you will benefit or not. Most likely...not...particularly if you booked a while back. It's rare for prices to drop that much on a really long-lead booking.