Spa Services Worth it?

Hi all! My BFF and I are going on the Liberty of the Seas cruise in August and I'm debating on whether or not to purchase a spa experience.  I love going to the spa but I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars.  My mentaility when I go on a vacation is this, I like to do things I cannot do at home.  I was looking at the Exotic Lime and Ginger Salt Glow.  It looks fantastic and you get a lot for your money; a full body scrub and a ful body massage for $200.  It sounds good but is it worth it?  I saw that two o the spas in my hometown have sea salt scrubs for $100 without the massage.  What do you think?  Thanks! God bless!!!!

My wife loves the spa and we usually book her one spa service per cruise because like you said, it's a luxury we never opt for at home.  

It's pricey but to us, it's a reward for the cruise.  For the massages, I think it's a good service and a fair price.  

• 5 weeks later...

Froggirl - This is a good topic and I'm surprised there aren't more comments.   It is the same question I used to have in the past and just had to wing it.  Others have helped me here so I'll weigh in for you.

1) Yes, spa amenities are more expensive than you will pay at home.  Not outrageously more, but more.  And usually you get a little less time.  Like a facial is maybe 50 minutes instead of 60 minutes.

2) If you are on a cruise that has 2 sea days in a row - on the second day you'll think, "Oh, I'll go book something at the spa since I'm hanging around the ship anyway."  Everyone has the same idea so it will be packed and booked solid, especially if you are unlucky and have rain.   Then you'll be disappointed you missed out.  So, I always recommend booking before you go.  The tip's included so that is out of the way.

3) If you enjoy spas, you already know they are relaxing and nice.  You are on vacation so it is worth it.  I always try to book something late on the second sea day when I've had enough sun.  I like facials because I'm a bit dried up by then and need the moisturizing or exfoliating.  The services you mentioned above sound nice too.

4) I tried the teeth whitening once and didn't get very good results.  Maybe it was just me.

Hope this helps!

1) Yes, spa amenities are more expensive than you will pay at home.  Not outrageously more, but more.  And usually you get a little less time.  Like a facial is maybe 50 minutes instead of 60 minutes.

I think the prices are on par with what you would pay for spa services at most resorts, land or sea.

Remember, too, that the spa often runs daily specials, especially on port days. Often times you can get a sampler packages of three 20 minutes services for about $100.

That is why I prefer not to pre-purchase spa services.  I know there will be some special to take advantage of.

And along those lines, remember to try for the port specials later in the day. You may think you wont be around to take advantage but often people come back well before the ship leaves.