My Time Dining

Karen4120

I called Royal yesterday to make dining reservations.  I choose my time dining and all nights of the cruise were booked with an exact time for dinner.  I received an email confirmation.  When I log into my planner, I just see "My Time Dining" and in the time spot they have "at your leisure".  I had actual reservations with a set time.  I am very confused.  This is my first cruise with Royal in a very long time and my last few cruises were on NCL.  Does anyone have any input on this?

We are going on a cruise with another couple and we were hoping to link our reservations together.  When I called they said they couldn't do that because my reservation was part of a "group".  I booked with a travel agent but thought I'd be able to link with my friend (she booked with a different travel agent).  Customer service advised me to have my friend call and make the exact same reservations that I did.  Just seems like a pain and then to have it show up as "at your leisure" is crazy.  Thanks for any guidance.

Karen

I had the same issue. I had scheduled everything months before and one day it all disappeared and said "at your leisure". Right after we boarded (and had a drink) we went down to the MTD to chat. They linked most of us together but not for dining. We were able to clear it up in a few minutes. We had what we asked for and were able to add people to the reservation - 15 people linked for the same table/time every night. I'd call and check and then day of boarding double check.

For example, I have a 2019 reservation for the Royal Caribbean Blog Group Cruise on the July 4, 2019 sailing of Anthem of the Seas.

I make my dinner reservations online and "purchase" them at zero cost.

1194314340_Anthemmakingdinnerres.thumb.jpeg.a4624451db989cb5108d26a53665fb42.jpeg

With that complete I look at my calendar and it shows "at your leisure".

1977350013_AnthemCalendar.thumb.jpeg.ddc666078b5209c4cb5936974a26334b.jpeg

By visiting the "Order History" link I can view my actual dining times:

1391308126_AnthemOrderHistory.thumb.jpeg.23671f216db1c3599cc7cd86f0301c3e.jpeg

You can call back and ask for an email confirmation.  On the email it will have your actual times too.  If you do call back you can ask to link the reservations.  Sometimes it takes more than 1 call to get what you want. 

My cruise on Harmony showed "At your leisure" on the cruise planner but the ship had our proper reservations.

Can you link the reservations online?  Do you have their reservation number?  I've never heard that you would have had to book together to link it but I have no experience with it.  If your friends book the same times and somehow can't link the reservations, just go to the MDR after embarkation and request it to sit together.  

Thanks for the reply.  So I gather I do have a set time and its not really at my leisure LOL!  Bummer I was hoping we just could show up whenever.  Its really hard to plan dinner when we haven't even seen the  day's activities  I booked what I thought might work but I'm sure I will change it all again once on board.   On NCL we pretty much showed up for dinner anytime we wanted.  Sometimes we had reservations and sometimes NOT.  The wait was under 15 minutes for a table for 2.  Royal works a bit different I hear.  I did try t link my friend's reservation with mine but I got an error code.  Real odd. 

Thanks to everyone for the reply.  

3 hours ago, Karen4120 said:

Thanks for the reply.  So I gather I do have a set time and its not really at my leisure LOL!  Bummer I was hoping we just could show up whenever.  Its really hard to plan dinner when we haven't even seen the  day's activities  I booked what I thought might work but I'm sure I will change it all again once on board.   On NCL we pretty much showed up for dinner anytime we wanted.  Sometimes we had reservations and sometimes NOT.  The wait was under 15 minutes for a table for 2.  Royal works a bit different I hear.  I did try t link my friend's reservation with mine but I got an error code.  Real odd. 

Thanks to everyone for the reply.  

Do you have My Time Dining or Traditional and do your friends have the same dining?  That could be one of the issues if they have Traditional dining.

With My Time Dining you could just show up.  IMHO, it is a better experience to have reservations about the time you'd typically want to eat and change onboard based on your plans.  The staff gets to know your preferences and the service is just better.  We do My Time and just switch a day or two if we want to eat later or cancel.

Without a reservation, you could wait just like any land restaurant.  It could be a longer wait if you just showed up at 6:15 and much shorter if you show up later.

• 3 months later...
On 7/26/2018 at 3:24 PM, twangster said:

For example, I have a 2019 reservation for the Royal Caribbean Blog Group Cruise on the July 4, 2019 sailing of Anthem of the Seas.

I make my dinner reservations online and "purchase" them at zero cost.

1194314340_Anthemmakingdinnerres.thumb.jpeg.a4624451db989cb5108d26a53665fb42.jpeg

With that complete I look at my calendar and it shows "at your leisure".

1977350013_AnthemCalendar.thumb.jpeg.ddc666078b5209c4cb5936974a26334b.jpeg

By visiting the "Order History" link I can view my actual dining times:

1391308126_AnthemOrderHistory.thumb.jpeg.23671f216db1c3599cc7cd86f0301c3e.jpeg

Where is the spot to enter in how many people you want a table for? The last time that I did RCCL, when selecting the time my MTD, you also entered in how many for the table to ensure that you got only yourself at your table. Is this no longer an option? And if so do you just inform them when you get there how small or big of table you want to ensure that you aren’t eating at a table with strangers? Thanks ?