What will be next Broadway show

Racer734

Wondering what broadway shows will be announced for Quantum or Anthem or new Oasis ships?

I don't know, but expect Broadway shows for all of those ships and probably every new ship from now on. Rumors I have heard for Quantum is Wicked. I don't know the exact procedure for selecting an at sea Broadway show. Currently, the shows being performed have closed on Broadway or are on a revival schedule. Not shows that are fresh on Broadway, but shows that have a good following.

I don't know, but expect Broadway shows for all of those ships and probably every new ship from now on. Rumors I have heard for Quantum is Wicked. I don't know the exact procedure for selecting an at sea Broadway show. Currently, the shows being performed have closed on Broadway or are on a revival schedule. Not shows that are fresh on Broadway, but shows that have a good following.

If it's Wicked, I'm booking a sailing tomorrow on Quantum.

I'd love to see RENT, but it's too riskay.

West Side Story could be deemed "inappropriate" too. 

If it's Wicked, I'm booking a sailing tomorrow on Quantum.

I'd love to see RENT, but it's too riskay.

West Side Story could be deemed "inappropriate" too. 

I think Wicked would be awesome because #1 it is a great show and #2 Kristen is the Godmother. Hello, what a perfect combo. Royal could get her to guest star in the show for the first few weeks. It would be perfect. Even if it isn't Wicked, I still think Royal should really try and snag that show for one of their ships!

• 6 years later...
On 9/17/2013 at 10:00 AM, Tylor said:

I think Wicked would be awesome because #1 it is a great show and #2 Kristen is the Godmother. Hello, what a perfect combo. Royal could get her to guest star in the show for the first few weeks. It would be perfect. Even if it isn't Wicked, I still think Royal should really try and snag that show for one of their ships!

I would love to see Kristen play Madame Morrible.  I think she is a bit too old to play Galinda (with a “Ga”). No disrespect.

EDIT: I didn’t realize I was replying to a 6 year old topic

1 hour ago, ScooterScott22 said:

Since this is an “older” thread, does any one have a list of the current broadway shows by ship?

I "stole" this from somewhere.  If we need to start a new thread for the list, please let me know.  

All Access (Grandeur of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas)

A song-and-dance revue with past hits from Sly & the Family Stone; the Everly Brothers; Blood Sweat & Tears; and Earth, Wind & Fire.

Bailamos (Empress of the Seas)

Meaning "let's dance" in Spanish, Bailamos showcases Latin music and dance in a variety of styles.

Ballroom Fever (Rhapsody of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas)

A showcase of ballroom dances performed to pop tunes from several decades, including Fever, The Last Tango and They Dance.

Blue Planet (Allure of the Seas)

Visual effects and aerial acrobatics, along with atmospheric music, take the audience on a journey around the planet from the jungle to under the ocean waves.

Boogie Wonderland (Majesty of the Seas, Vision of the Seas)

All the best songs from the 70s from artists like KC and the Sunshine Band, Stevie Wonder, Donna Summer, Lionel Richie and The Commodores.

Broadway Rhythm and Rhyme (Grandeur of the Seas, Vision of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas)

A retrospective of several Broadway's shows, including West Side Story, Dreamgirls, Chicago and a medley of favorite tunes from the Pajama Game, The Music Man, Oklahoma and My Fair Lady.

Can't Stop the Rock (Adventure of the Seas, Enchantment of the Seas)

A stroll through the music of the movies from Mission Impossible and Purple Rain to Shaft, Men in Black and Charlie's Angels.

Cats (Oasis of the Seas)

Andrew Lloyd Webber's hit Broadway musical.

Center Stage (Brilliance of the Seas)

A traditional song-and-dance revue with singers and dancers performing classical, jazz, rock and swing.

City of Dreams (Jewel of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas)

A high-energy song and dance revue with colorful costumes, lots of acrobatics and popular songs including Stronger, Power of Love, Your Song and Heaven.

Columbus (Harmony of the Seas)

A musical telling of the story of Christopher Columbus' lesser-known cousin and his attempt to gain fame using a random selection of popular radio hits.

Come Fly With Me (Oasis of the Seas)

Aerial acrobatics set to tunes from such pop rock icons as U2, Phil Collins, Michael Jackson and Eurythmics.

Flash Forward (Explorer of the Seas)

Song and dance routines with music that spans the decades from the 50s and 60s through to the 80s and beyond.

Flight (Symphony of the Seas)

An original Royal Caribbean production, Flight is a satire on the history and future of air travel.

Gallery of Dreams (Mariner of the Seas)

Song and dance revue featuring music that spans the decades and includes popular songs like Rock Me Amadeus and Play That Funky Music.

Acutal "Broadway" shows are the following:

Oasis - Cats

Allure - Mama Mia

Harmony/Indy - Grease

Symphony - Hairspray

Liberty - Saturday Night Fever

Anthem - We Will Rock You

The rest are Royal Caribbean Original Productions.  Not official Broadway shows.  I am also unsure if Ovation has anything?

1 minute ago, PG Cruiser said:

Ovation had "The Dream" when I was on it last September.  I think it was an original Royal production. They also had "Live, Love, Legs"

The Dream is most definitely not a Broadway production.  I heard from a Genie that it is the sequel to The Gift...?

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Anthem.  It's a Royal Caribbean Original production.

I had the unfortunate experience of seeing it twice. lol

I almost always watch the shows on the ships twice (on the same night/sailing) ... I've even seen Pixels three times ... or was that four?

Like Pixels is very similar to Spectra's Cabaret, The Dream is very similar to The Gift. 

Instead of building a new show from scratch they adapted the shows for Ovation from Anthem.  

Empress has Three Sequins and a Feather as it's main show or simply "Three" as they call it on board.  Bailamos is the secondary show.  "Three" is another Showgirl based show similar to Navigator but Empress was better IMO.  Spectrum has a Showgirl show.  This seems to be a recurring pattern whereas ships of old have something from the "Royal Caribbean singers and dancers". 

The question is what will Odyssey get?   Hopefully they'll continue with the space theme from Symphony.  No doubt they'll have a Showgirls type show as well. 

Ovation's "Live, Love, Legs" may have been the start of the Showgirl type shows.  Navigator's "Showgirl! Past. Present. Future" set is similar and no doubt an evolution of "Live, Love, Legs".  Empress being smaller probably doesn't have the stage real estate to accomodate this setup so they adapted it further for a small stage.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TexMexCruiser said:

when I was on it in 2015 most walked out during intermission

This is SO true! lol It happened when we cruised in 2015. We arrived to the theater with almost no seating available. People were leaving in mass exodus during the entire first part! By intermission, we moved seats all the way from the mid mezzanine to the first row!  

I remember the cruise director prior to the show making an announcement basically saying please wait until the end - as an incentive they had a photo op during intermission to o on stage and take pics. 

apparently RC wanted to shorten the show like they’ve done with the others but ANdrew Lloyd Webber said no. Was so bummed that I didn’t get to see Hairspray - finally got I see it on Symphony and it was awesome. 

On 10/15/2019 at 12:12 AM, twangster said:

Like Pixels is very similar to Spectra's Cabaret, The Dream is very similar to The Gift. 

Ovation's "Live, Love, Legs" may have been the start of the Showgirl type shows.  Navigator's "Showgirl! Past. Present. Future" set is similar and no doubt an evolution of "Live, Love, Legs".  Empress being smaller probably doesn't have the stage real estate to accomodate this setup so they adapted it further for a small stage.

The Showgirl type shows started with Quantum when she moved to China as they had to replace Mamma Mia with a new shorter, music-based RC Production which turned into Sequins and Feathers. Then Ovation with Live, Love, Legs which was also called Sequins and Feathers II when in China. RC then translated the S&F show to Empress with elements from the original S&F, LLL, and Showgirl which was created for Spectrum and Navigator Post-AMP.

For the Two70 show, Ovation started off with the full Spectra’s Cabaret but later adapted it to Pixels by the time she reached Australia for the first time. Starwater (on QN) and Spectra’s Cabaret (on AN) weren’t produced by RC Productions, but by Moment Factory so RC Productions just adapted Spectra to Pixels for OV and waited until Spectrum to create their own in-house Two70 show.

2 hours ago, TexMexCruiser said:

apparently RC wanted to shorten the show like they’ve done with the others but ANdrew Lloyd Webber said no. Was so bummed that I didn’t get to see Hairspray - finally got I see it on Symphony and it was awesome. 

After the amplification, Oasis will have a new shorter 90-minute version of Cats without an intermission.

7 hours ago, BaikG said:

After the amplification, Oasis will have a new shorter 90-minute version of Cats without an intermission.

I just read this too. I like CATS (we actually have season tickets to our local theater and we are watching it next week), but I’m not disappointed about the shorter run time. I feel like they are missing an opportunity to bring something new to the new and improved ship though...