final payment date

I am sailing on Harmony of the Seas Dec 9 with extended family. We have 3 boardwalk balcony rooms booked in total directly from Royal Caribbean. When I look at the receipts for all 3 rooms, which show the final payment date and lists cancellation policy, I notice that my room has a final payment date for 75 days out. But for the other 2 rooms, they both show a final payment date 90 dates out.  Any idea why the discrepancy? The only difference I can see is that the other 2 rooms both have the kids sale free promotion and mine does not. Thanks for any insight! 

Did you book this cruise with a TA? If not, have you reached out to Royal Caribbean yet?

(On a sidenote, I am sailing on Adventure on the 8th out of Port Everglades, and both of our ships are docked in St. Maarten on the 12th ? That would be too funny if we ran into each other onshore LOL.)

I questioned a 90 day final payment date with a customer service rep for one of my future cruises and he just said, "It has been 90 days as long as I have worked here." But I don't think so. I wonder if they changed their policy between your booking and the other cabins or if it has something to do with refundable vs non-refundable. Sorry I can't help any more.

I booked 2 rooms directly (my room (90 days out)  and the room for my dad and stepmom (75 days out) with Royal Caribbean over the phone. My brother in law booked the third room (75 days out) on the same phone call with the same agent once I was done. They are all non refundable rates. I did not notice the discrepancy on due dates until I looked more closely at the receipts the other day. 

thanks to everyone for your replies, unfortunately, Royal Caribbean isn't following their own policies as per Matt's posting!  

@accio7, I am in Richmond Hill, so we are neighbours already! I will have to figure out how to post a pic to post in my profile, in case we run into each other in St.Maarten!

Just now, canada55 said:

thanks to everyone for your replies, unfortunately, Royal Caribbean isn't following their own policies as per Matt's posting!  

@accio7, I am in Richmond Hill, so we are neighbours already! I will have to figure out how to post a pic to post in my profile, in case we run into each other in St.Maarten!

I really hope you can get this clarified! FWIW, my cruise confirmation paperwork shows final payment for my 8 night cruise due on September 9th, 2018 and I'm sailing the day before you.

(Hope to be able to say hi in St. Maarten!) 

19 hours ago, Matt said:

Cruises 5 nights or longer = 90 days

Cruises 1-4 nights = 75 days

cancellation-poilcy-update.jpg

These all appear to be penalties if you cancel after the final payment dates. What happens if you don’t make the final payment by the final payment date? Do you lose your reservation and deposit? Luckily never missed one so never knew for sure, but thinking if it’s just a penalty for canceling after the date then there is no real pressure to have to remember the exact date if you don’t plan on canceling the reservation. 

Yes, if you do not make final payment before the deadline they will cancel your cruise and return your deposit.  I have heard a few instances where they offer a day or so grace period but I would never count on that.  I would expect my cruise to be cancelled if I do not make final payment by midnight on the final payment date.

1 hour ago, Boltswin said:

What happens if you don’t make the final payment by the final payment date? Do you lose your reservation and deposit? 

Yes.  In fact there have been threads by users recently who forgot and discovered one day their reservation was gone.  When they called and tried to get it reinstated their cabin was already booked by another guest.  They basically had to book at current rates and accept what ever inventory was available, but it wasn't clear if they were able to apply their old deposit towards the new booking.  

In another case a user reported that for their small group booking one group member didn't make final payment and all group members had their reservations cancelled, even those that did make final payment.  

It's another case for using a travel agent.  Most agencies will be diligent about making sure you make the final payment.