INFORMATION ON NEW AQUATHEATER SUITES ON OASIS POST REFURB

Ok, so I want to tap into the brain of anyone who has been on the Oasis since the refurb and has been able to see or take photos of the new suites added to the Oasis overlooking the Aquatheater.  Specifically the ones Deck 11 and above, these were the secret balconies before the dry dock.  RCCL has them classified as A2-A4, and their website gives square footage but no current images.  I booked my cruise for June 16' and was able to reserve a A1 on deck 8, but curious about these newer additions.  

Photos and Feedback appreciated.

B-

• 1 month later...

There are a number of videos on YouTube of these new suites. They look really nice but they are NOT as nice as the A1 or A2 on 8, 9 and 10....especially outside. They do not have the really nice lounge furniture nor big tables and chairs. They have a couple of lounge chairs and a small round table like any balcony has but not the nice stuff like the bigger aqua suites.

Obviously, they are 1 BR, 1 BA unlike the A1 and A2 suites that have 2 BR, 2 BA. They're basically large Grand Suites....but as one of the videos noted, the bathrooms in these new A3 and A4 suites aren't even as big as the standard GS bathrooms. The bathrooms look nice though...all tile with a nice "sitting area" in the tub.

I think RCI has overpriced them once they convert from GS to AS (May and June of '16). They are reasonably priced as GS but way OVERpriced (my opinion) once they rename them Aqua Suites next year.

According to the deck plans, the suites located in this same area on the Harmony have a different size config. According to the deck plans for Harmony the largest of these Aqua Suites are going to be on Deck 14 whereas on the Oasis and the Allure, the suites on 14 are the smallest....so I don't know if the deck plans have bogus information or they have just built them differently from what they did as add-ons on the Allure and Oasis. I have booked 14730 for the Harmony TA from Barcelona to Florida. I guess we will have to wait and see if the suites on 14 are really bigger than the ones on 11 or 12. I have my doubts.

I hope this works  :D first time posting ...

We sailed in the Aqua Theater (Grand Suite) 11730 on Oasis in May ... here are some pics of the cabin

http://s1026.photobucket.com/user/CruiseNAngie/Oasis%20of%20the%20Seas%2011730/story

We loved the cabin and would do it again  ... yes, that bathroom is smaller than the regular GS but the balcony and the living room area are great.   

Thanks, Angie ! Those look really awesome. We are booked in 11330 on the Allure in Feb. I sure hope the Allure has the nice deck furniture like you had. While not huge, the table you had looks like you could have dinner there. We hope to have dinner out on the deck at least a couple of times. We did that in May on the Freedom in the Royal Family suite and it was so nice.

• 5 months later...

On the cruise now. I don't know anything about the upper deck rooms, but the A1 is amazing and the balcony is the biggest balcony you've ever seen. How many people are traveling with you?

We have 5 of us (wife and 3 kids).  we are on deck 8 as well, so your feedback would really be appreciated.  If you get any cool photos please post them, I have way to long to wait until June!

Just got off today. This is going to be an AWESOME room for you guys. You will have the master suite and then the kids can take the interior room which has 2 twins and 2 bunks. Or the 3rd one can sleep in the living room. That bed folds out into at least a full, maybe even a queen. My 20 year old sister slept on it all week. Deck 8 is great because you can get forward by walking through Central Park. Those aft elevators take you right up to the wind jammer and suite lounge/coastal kitchen.

The one thing I will say is the living room is loud when there are things going on in the aqua theater.

Just got off today. This is going to be an AWESOME room for you guys. You will have the master suite and then the kids can take the interior room which has 2 twins and 2 bunks. Or the 3rd one can sleep in the living room. That bed folds out into at least a full, maybe even a queen. My 20 year old sister slept on it all week. Deck 8 is great because you can get forward by walking through Central Park. Those aft elevators take you right up to the wind jammer and suite lounge/coastal kitchen.

The one thing I will say is the living room is loud when there are things going on in the aqua theater.

Wow! Thanks so much for the feedback and its official......I can finally say I am going THIS YEAR!!!!!

Yea, June 12th.  I have to say I feel like I won the lottery.  They already refunded the pre-paid drink packages and removed the gratuities from my reservations, because they said they won't be needed.  This kind of thing never happens to me...so I will take it for sure!  All that being said the one perk I am very excited about is the free laundry service, with three kids it will really make things easier.  I am hoping someone on here gets to go on a cruise with STAR class benefits before I do so I can learn just what to expect in advance.

My son drooled over the suites on the Liberty and admired the fact that they had door bells.  He has also requested a Loft Suite on the Allure next year.  Unfortunately for him, my wife and I are thrifty and would rather cruise more than live the suite life.  Plus, I reminded him he already experienced a suite on his first cruise.  Granted he was two at the time, but he still experienced it. ;)

Just remind him that he had a great time (even if he didn't !) in his suite. ...LOL

It was his first cruise and he flew first class on that trip; what wasn't there to like?  He seemed extremely dismayed when I told him we also had a butler (another line) who brought chocolate covered strawberries to us every afternoon.  But we did get these as a "pre-dessert" at Portofino's on the Liberty.

Nice first cruise. It must have been before you entered your "thrifty" phase.

That was when we were cruising every couple of years rather than a couple of cruises every year.  And this year, my wife has taken an interested in longer, port intensive cruises that are much more expensive.  For example, to move from an ocean view to a balcony would have been about $2,000.  A junior suite would have been and additional $4,000 and full suites more more than that.  In fact, by downgrading from our balcony cabin to an ocean view on our Norway cruise, we paid for the Liberty cruise in its entirety.