Did the Oasis get general cabin refreshes during her dry dock?

bdchili

Question:

If you have been on the Oasis since its dry dock could you tell me if the cabins as a whole where refreshed with carpet etc?  I know about the new cabin/suite additions but wanted to know how extensively they refreshed the living quarters in general (carpet, furniture,TV's).  I ask selfishly because I am going on the Allure in 2016 post dry dock.

We were aboard Oasis April 11-18, cabins 10-140 and 10-141. I don't know if the carpet was new, but in both cabins the carpet was clean and showed no apparent signs of wear. The sink in 10-140 had a couple of chips on the edge and showed poor attempt to fill the chips with some kind of epoxy. But this was the only obvious thing I saw that was not 'ship shape' in either cabin. 

I hope you have an awesome time aboard Allure!

I was on the Oasis in January. I do not think that they spent much time/money on refurbing the staterooms. I think the primary purpose of the drydock was splitting the MDR into 3 separate restaurants, which they HAVE done.

Having said that, our balcony was in good condition and the "common" areas seemed to be in good condition. Honestly, I am not one to dwell on the condition of the ship unless it is REALLY BAD which is very rare.

I thought the Oasis looked great. I feel sure that the Allure refurb will be pretty much the same.

I agree, If RCI does one thing really well is they maintain their ships until they decide they are selling them off.  I had heard  from a buddy that they may have refreshed some of the suites, but I didn't know for sure.

• 2 weeks later...