Are drinks on Royal Caribbean expensive?

Racer734

Are beer and mixed drinks expensive on Royal?

It would depend on what expensive means to you. A pina colada is around $6.25. Beer ranges from $4 to $7 depending on what brand it is. Frozen drinks range in price from $5 to $12 depending on size, whether or not you can keep the glass, as those drinks are more expensive. A martini is normally $8 or $10. If you want top shelf liquor it will be more expensive. Also you'll be charged a 15% bar gratuity automatically on top of the drink price. 

Good answer Tyler.  I agree expensive is a relative term but I find the prices for booze onboard to be fair.  About what you would pay at any average bar/lounge/restaurant in USA.  Probably only exception is there aren't many drink specials, if any at all.

Good answer Tyler.  I agree expensive is a relative term but I find the prices for booze onboard to be fair.  About what you would pay at any average bar/lounge/restaurant in USA.  Probably only exception is there aren't many drink specials, if any at all.

Is there still a "drink of the day" special? I don't pay attention to that because I order the same drinks whenever I'm onboard. 

• 8 years later...

Or try Chicago 😝

I utilize the drink of the day a lot......unless it is a mojito, not a fan of mint drinks. 

I am not a huge drinker, so my diamond/prime drinks are enough. Before that I would usually get the refreshment/soda package and buy 1-2 drinks a la carte. The drinks package seems like a lot when you can get bottles and mixers cheaper. However, if you think about what you normally spend to drink on a vacation, it really isn't that bad.