Perfect Day - May 2019

Per Royal:    We’ll be opening new attractions and experiences at Perfect Day at CocoCay in phases with full completion targeted for December 2019.

• The new pier will open in November 2018.
  • Up, Up and Away helium balloon, Chill Island, and Oasis Lagoon freshwater pool will open in December 2018.
  • Thrill Waterpark, the Zip Line, Splashaway Bay aquapark, Captain Jack’s dining, Skipper’s Grill dining, and Captain Jack’s Galleon will open in May 2019.
  • South Beach, Coco Beach Club and the overwater cabanas will open in December 2019.

3 hours ago, DisneyWorld30th said:

I am not sure what sailing is officially the opening of "Perfect Day Coco Cay". 

But I am wondering if I book a Perfect Day cruise for May 3, 2019, and the port isn't open, would they provide some sort of credit?

CocoCay will most likely still be "open".  CocoCay is building in areas that are not currently being used, so ships are there all the time.  

The only credit you will received is any port charges you will have paid when your ship  misses any port.  If you have a sea day because you cannot get somewhere, then those port charges you already paid will be refunded.  If you go to a different port, you may not see any credit as a port charge is paid now to the new stop.  If the new areas of CocoCay are not available but you can still dock and use the island, there will be no credit. 

You virtually never get a credit for missed ports.  As it is now with Coco Cay being a tendered port it is missed somewhat regularly.  If you book something on the island, such as the water park or an excursion, and they aren't available/you don't stop then you will be refunded those costs.

Cruise lines have it in their agreement that no port is guaranteed, it is exceedingly rare for them to offer compensation for missing a port outside of the port fee refund mentioned above.

Enjoy your cruise!

13 hours ago, DisneyWorld30th said:

But I am wondering if I book a Perfect Day cruise for May 3, 2019, and the port isn't open, would they provide some sort of credit?

Doubtful. As a Disney World fan, think of it in terms of if Splash Mountain was closed the day you visited Magic Kingdom, your ticket isn't discounted as a result, right?

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Doubtful. As a Disney World fan, think of it in terms of if Splash Mountain was closed the day you visited Magic Kingdom, your ticket isn't discounted as a result, right?

I agree.  I just noticed the cruises in April show the island as Coco Cay and the cruises starting May show the island as Perfect Day.

1 hour ago, DisneyWorld30th said:

I agree.  I just noticed the cruises in April show the island as Coco Cay and the cruises starting May show the island as Perfect Day.

Seeing as the pier estimated completion date has been pushed back at least 3 times, I'm advising to assume their target dates for completion are anything but theoretical and to mentally prepare for it not to be on schedule.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Seeing as the pier estimated completion date has been pushed back at least 3 times, I'm advising to assume their target dates for completion are anything but theoretical and to mentally prepare for it not to be on schedule.

LOL.  I am fully prepared for this.  I am shocked that they are already selling pass to the thrill park and other offerings.  Maybe they know something we don't.

Just now, DisneyWorld30th said:

LOL.  I am fully prepared for this.  I am shocked that they are already selling pass to the thrill park and other offerings.  Maybe they know something we don't.

Yeah, they like cash flow.  Cheaper to 'borrow' our money than to get it from another source.

I am on Anthem for Thanksgiving. Fingers crossed for the pier to be ready at least. Tendering is such a hassle with the crush of people back and forth. Although the trick to tendering I have found is separate your party as much as you can. If you are in line for tender go as a "single" you are typically moved right to the front of the line. As my mom used to say about friends for dinner "there is always room for one more"