What does app do?

First off, welcome to the boards!

At the moment, the app does not have a on-board texting feature like on other cruise ship apps, but is still a work in progress, and texting is a feature that is hopefully to come soon.

I will soon be on Symphony of the Seas, which offers the new Royal App, so stay tuned for a post about the app once I am finished with the adventure! You can also find information about it online, doing a quick google search of "Royal Caribbean new app" or "project excalibur". Hope this helps!

There are two apps available today...

Royal iQ (available on Harmony, Anthem, Quantum and Ovation) and it does include a chat feature, but it costs extra.

Royal Caribbean app: The "new app" that is still being worked on and will eventually have chat, but does not have it yet.

Your other option is to get an onboard internet package and agree to use a common app for messaging. More info on that here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/07/27/how-stay-touch-someone-your-royal-caribbean-cruise

17 hours ago, mschall said:

Does the app have feature for on-board communication between peeps on the same reservation number?  What all does it do or where can I look for that information.  thanks in advance.

I used the app last month aboard Allure, and it connected well to My Calendar, and there were a couple of fun features to it in addition to what you can see before boarding, but there is no communication feature as of yet.