New Cruiser - room fan & Starbucks questions

Hi all. We are taking our first cruise next month (parents and 3 kids ages 14, 12 & 10) - we’ll be on the Oasis. We only signed up for that cruise in early June, so I’ve been trying to cram as much info in as I can with our very late start!

I want to bring a battery-operated fan to use in our kids’ room at night. I saw some that can clip on but not sure if the headboard in the cabin has a place to clip the fan to. If it matters, we are in ocean view balcony rooms. The pics I saw make it look like the headboard is fully attached to the wall. Can we use a clip on fan? Or would a fan that just sits on a table be better?

Also, my 10 year old is a big fan of Starbucks (cream based, not coffee) frappuccinos. Are these available on board, and if so, can she use Starbucks gift cards she got for her birthday?

Sorry if these have already been answered. I tried searching and didn’t find my answer.

From my distant memory from Allure, I believe that the on-board Starbucks had most of the things you could get on shore. Doing a little search on the boards here, I was able to find the menu for the Harmony of the Seas Starbucks (may be different) which includes the creme drinks your daughter likes. (https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/06/01/first-look-starbucks-opens-royal-caribbeans-harmony-of-the-seas

As for the bed, looking online shows that the headboard is attached to the wall. So going with a desk fan may be your best bet. 

Enjoy the cruise and welcome to the boards!

10 hours ago, ThreeBuddies said:

Also, my 10 year old is a big fan of Starbucks (cream based, not coffee) frappuccinos. Are these available on board, and if so, can she use Starbucks gift cards she got for her birthday?

Yes you can use the gift cards! I used either my card or the app. 

On 7/21/2018 at 9:20 PM, ThreeBuddies said:

Also, my 10 year old is a big fan of Starbucks (cream based, not coffee) frappuccinos.

They do offer frappucinos onboard most ships, but I cannot recall which types exactly.

On 7/21/2018 at 9:20 PM, ThreeBuddies said:

can she use Starbucks gift cards she got for her birthday?

On Oasis of the Seas you can use your Starbucks card to pay for drinks and earn rewards, but NOT redeem free drinks.  This only applies to the Starbucks kiosk on the Royal Promenade (as opposed to Cafe Promenade).

Thanks Matt! My husband has been binging your videos, so think he’s impressed now that I got a message back from THE Matt! She doesn’t yet have the rewards program, just wants to use the gift cards she got for her birthday, so hopefully we’ll be good to go. Even if they don’t have her type of frap, they may have one of the drinks she likes. 

Definitely get some heavy duty magnets as it will hold the clip fan, but depending on how the room is set up - I have hooked the clip fan to the bunk bed or light near the bed as well.  In fact we have clipped it to the curtains before and had it prop on the top bunk before so we got to have the fan and keep the curtains closed!

If you need the fan more for noise, they do have some fans on board each ship that you can request once on board.