Best Time/Weather for New England/Canada Sailing

Hello all. What, in your opinion, of the months of May, July, or August, are the best time of year to do the Canada/New England sailings? Just wanting to get a game plan together when the Summer and Fall 2020 RCCL itineraries are released.  

Edited by Baked Alaska
I wasn't an English Major. . .

In July you will be competing with land cruisers since kids are out of school.  Certain popular tourist things may be very busy.

May is nice but I like cool nights and warm but not hot days.  Same with October.  Canadian Thanksgiving is Oct. 12, 2020.  Canadian Thanksgiving isn't the massive travel week it is here.  However if a port of call falls on Oct. 12, 2020, that port may see closed stores and venues.  If wearing a light jacket or light sweater at night is out of bounds for you on a cruise, May/October may be like that.  Personally I like that kind of weather.  

I'm doing Adventure in October on the "Snowbird Migration".  It boards on Canadian Thanksgiving this year.  It's a one way from Quebec City to Florida as a repositioning cruise.   I'll probably be live blogging it here.  This cruise starts with an overnight in Quebec City which I really like.  Check in, go to cabin, then go explore this historic city.  Sleep on the ship and have a full day the next day to do the same before sailing many of the standard Canada ports, then 2 in Maine, Boston and then down to FL.  The second day in Quebec City should work well since the first day is Canadian Thanksgiving.  The first day I may just walk around and take pictures while self exploring. 

Bienvenue au Canada. 

14 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Hello all. What, in your opinion, are the months of May, July, or August the best time of year to do the Canada/New England sailings? Just wanting to get a game plan together when the Summer and Fall 2020 RCCL itineraries are released.  

@Matt!!  You know what I see when I read this post right?!  Canada/NE Group cruise!! Summer 2020!! ?

Hubs can go anytime that he hasn't been bitten by a snake. ?

I am a math & science substitute teacher, amongst other hats I wear,  and have a son that will be entering the 10th grade at that time. July would be best for both our schedules. Any teachers out there in RCB land give me the RCB podcast mail reading music "uh huh"? ?

I had looked at average temps for St. Johns and Halifax back when I was looking at this option for 2019, and found that June was really the earliest I'd consider just because the average was in the upper-60s to low-70s. So if your options are May, July, or August, take July or August. If @Matt doesn't make a 2020 GC to CA/NE and you can swing going later in August, try for as late as you can. You'll start getting into Shoulder Season and prices should be more reasonable compared to July, especially early July when I was seeing a very hefty price (over $200 pp / pn for a balcony) for the 6-night option. And that was right after the itineraries were announced!

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Matt!!  You know wh.... ::static:: see when I ::static, buzz, buzz:: right?!  murfhwahwar cruise!! shroomah fenny 20!! ?

2 hours ago, Matt said:

What? I think you're going through a tunnel..

SHE SAID, "MATT!! YOU KNOW WHAT I SEE WHEN I READ THIS POST RIGHT?! CANADA/NE GROUP CRUISE!! SUMMER 2020!! ?"

?

8 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

Hubs can go anytime that he hasn't been bitten by a snake. ?

I am a math & science substitute teacher, amongst other hats I wear,  and have a son that will be entering the 10th grade at that time. July would be best for both our schedules. Any teachers out there in RCB land give me the RCB podcast mail reading music "uh huh"? ?

Teacher here too!! ?