Balmoral Beach vs. Pearl Island - Thoughts?

mojomom30

Forgive me if this is already out there. I searched and couldn't find any answers. I'm not a fan of Nassau and have already seen Atlantis. I'm thinking about doing the beach break, but would like to know if it is worth the money. Also, one of them said you can rent snorkel gear for an extra fee... does anyone know what kind of prices they are? I'm sailing in October and need to make a decision pretty quick!

1 hour ago, mojomom30 said:

Forgive me if this is already out there. I searched and couldn't find any answers. I'm not a fan of Nassau and have already seen Atlantis. I'm thinking about doing the beach break, but would like to know if it is worth the money. Also, one of them said you can rent snorkel gear for an extra fee... does anyone know what kind of prices they are? I'm sailing in October and need to make a decision pretty quick!

Welcome to the message board! Feel free to ask away with any questions you may have, there's a wealth of knowledge from experienced Royal cruisers here!

Can't help you with Balmoral Beach, never been there. But, this past April we did the Pearl Island excursion trough Royal. We elected to skip the "free" photo when you first get off the ferry ride and head straight for the beach. There is a concrete walkway that will take you there. We stopped at the first beach access point. Once we grabbed some loungers and dumped our stuff, I went for a beer and some exploring. If we had stayed on the walkway all the way to the end (chain link fence stops you) we could have had a better beach. Not as crowded as the first one and the walkway slopes down to the beach. We had to negotiate a set of concrete steps with no handrail to get to our beach. Nice water and free water toys. Snorkeling was dome at the other end of the island. The wind was up and it was pretty choppy, not the conditions that I would snorkel in and I am a very experienced scuba diver and snorkeler. Lunch was included in the price and it was darn good! Buffet and fresh fish. Beer was $5 and fancy mixed drinks were $12. Hope this helps! :27_sunglasses:

• 3 months later...

Hi!! We went in April to Balmoral Beach via Carnival Cruise.

Pros:The beach itself is nice, sugar sand, no real need for water shoes, clear/aqua water, plenty of loungers and a separate pool via some stairs. it is a wide stretch of beach and the tender didn't take very long. You can view Atlantis across the water. There are two small shops for some "meh" souvenirs, and two bathrooms.

Cons: Carnival didn't include any food on this excursion, so 2 hot dogs & 2 Cokes was $41.00. There was a super loud DJ in the main area, so if party music isn't your style, be selective in your seating area. The excursion we chose was simply a trip to the beach, so the workers there wouldn't allow us to even photograph the stingrays or dolphins not walk on the bridge near them. The bathrooms were not well attended.

Your mileage may vary, hope you have a great cruise!!!