Shows are available for reservations on Anthem Oct 13 to Bermuda

For everyone who's booked on the Oct 13 Anthem sailing to Bermuda, the stage shows (The Gift, We Will Rock You, and Spectra's Cabaret) are now visible for reservations in Cruise Planner under Entertainment. Grab your reservation while you can!

For those who want to see the shows and would be interested in making a sort of "mini group cruise event" out of one or more of them, I've booked Spectra's Cabaret for Day 2 (sea day) at 7:30 PM, and We Will Rock You for Day 5 (Sea Day) at the 2:30 PM matinee showing.

Still waiting for North Star and iFly reservations to show up, not sure why they aren't made available the same day.

14 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Still waiting for North Star and iFly reservations to show up, not sure why they aren't made available the same day.

I sometimes wonder if they don't drop all those at once ~90 days out, but drop batches of theme periodically so that more people can access them fairly.   

@JLMoran Alright, I changed my time to the 7:30 one for spectra's. I had the later one booked this morning. I have the other booked for a later time I'm hoping for some last rays of sun for the year!

Full disclosure though - we booked shows for last week's cruise too, and never made it to one of them. Could'a been all the day drinking buttttttttttt....

30 minutes ago, ellcee said:

I have the other booked for a later time I'm hoping for some last rays of sun for the year!

I hear you on that. I may try and convince my wife (aka SWMBO -- She Who Must Be Obeyed) to switch to the later showing of We Will Rock You for the same reason. But she wanted the earlier showing on that day, so that's what I booked. ?

I'll keep you posted.

I really enjoyed We Will Rock You and have seen it 3 times.  Fair warning though, the first time I wasn't sure what I got myself into for the first 20 minutes.  On the subsequent showings I understood the plot better and was able to catch nuances I missed the first time.  If I sail Anthem again I'll definitely won't miss it. 

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

I really enjoyed We Will Rock You and have seen it 3 times.  Fair warning though, the first time I wasn't sure what I got myself into for the first 20 minutes.  On the subsequent showings I understood the plot better and was able to catch nuances I missed the first time.  If I sail Anthem again I'll definitely won't miss it. 

Same.  We loved it!  Would not hesitate to watch it again.  Try not to miss it!

2 hours ago, twangster said:

You mean when you join us on the Royal Caribbean Blog group cruise in July 2019?? 

Just now, KathyC aka KathLuvsGH said:

You mean when you join us on the Royal Caribbean Blog group cruise in July 2019?? 

I'd love to but right now my Ovation Alaska cruise is priced lower for the same cabin type. July 4th in the NYC area is an expensive cruise right now!

I'm going to wait and hope for a close in price reduction but honestly that probably isn't going to happen.  Looks like a great itinerary though.  

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'd love to but right now my Ovation Alaska cruise is priced lower for the same cabin type. July 4th in the NYC area is an expensive cruise right now!

I'm going to wait and hope for a close in price reduction but honestly that probably isn't going to happen.  Looks like a great itinerary though.  

I hear ya on the price.  This sailing for the four of us in one balcony room is more than the four of us in a junior suite on Adventure.  The cruise fare alone is going to be more than we will spend on the entire 12 night repo (including airfare, hotel the night before, excursions, Voom, yada yada) forget once we add excursions and drinks!  Definitely no drink package for us, as we would have to buy THREE if our oldest comes.   

51 minutes ago, KathyC aka KathLuvsGH said:

I hear ya on the price.  This sailing for the four of us in one balcony room is more than the four of us in a junior suite on Adventure.  The cruise fare alone is going to be more than we will spend on the entire 12 night repo (including airfare, hotel the night before, excursions, Voom, yada yada) forget once we add excursions and drinks!  Definitely no drink package for us, as we would have to buy THREE if our oldest comes.   

I totally want to go too!! I priced out 2 interior cabins and it's $5000!  We paid less than that for the JS on Anthem in March.

32 minutes ago, twangster said:

Well in that case, YOLO.  Or maybe WHID? Or possibly WCGW?

It's refundable so I have some time make sure it works (I might be moving in July).

Ok @Lovetocruise2002 - balls is in your court.  Will you come and entertains us with cow stories?

We booked refundable as we have no idea if either college boy will be able to come.  Thinking the younger will, as he will be doing a short course in Italy the end of May into June, so when he gets back it will be too late to get a job.  The older one will be a rising senior and better have an internship!  LOL  If he can't come it's better, as he'll be 21 and if we want the drink package we'd be forced to buy three. 

1 minute ago, KathyC aka KathLuvsGH said:

We booked refundable as we have no idea if either college boy will be able to come.  Thinking the younger will, as he will be doing a short course in Italy the end of May into June, so when he gets back it will be too late to get a job.  The older one will be a rising senior and better have an internship!  LOL  If he can't come it's better, as he'll be 21 and if we want the drink package we'd be forced to buy three. 

Hmmm...  "Son, it's better you don't come so we can get the drink package" - you know you cruise too much when...

Coastal Kitchen has finally reappeared for me under Dining. BUT... it still says I can't make the reservations! Sincerely hoping that clears up in a day or two, especially now that I've got my show reservations worked out and I know exactly what dinner times to avoid those nights...

3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Coastal Kitchen has finally reappeared for me under Dining. BUT... it still says I can't make the reservations! Sincerely hoping that clears up in a day or two, especially now that I've got my show reservations worked out and I know exactly what dinner times to avoid those nights...

It appeared for Ovation today.  It wasn't there a few days ago.  I'm 300+ days out so not surprised I couldn't make reservations yet.

3 hours ago, ellcee said:

OOOh, Suite! and Sweet!

Only a junior suite (STILL a surprise for the missus!), but I know Anthem is the one (only?) ship where as a JS guest I can still make dinner reservations for CK online instead of having to wait until we board. I went through this nonsense from 150-120 days out, but I assumed at this point (based on feedback from others here) that I should be able to actually make the reservations now that I'm inside the 90-day window. Hopefully tomorrow or by the weekend.

Ok, great. But now when will the open up booking of the on board activities, like the Northstar.

Last cruise I looked all the time and somehow missed it. Had to book on the ship, which I really wanted to avoid... the mad rush once on board to book it. And then waiting on line for 45 minutes when u first board the ship. Terrible way to start the trip. 

Any suggestions?

16 hours ago, chrisd596 said:

Ok, great. But now when will the open up booking of the on board activities, like the Northstar.

Last cruise I looked all the time and somehow missed it. Had to book on the ship, which I really wanted to avoid... the mad rush once on board to book it. And then waiting on line for 45 minutes when u first board the ship. Terrible way to start the trip. 

Any suggestions?

I'm still not seeing Northstar or iFly either, @chrisd596. Only thing I can advise is to continue as you've been doing and check the activities and entertainment tab daily. That's my recollection of where they post it, since it's an onboard item and not an excursion; but I guess it couldn't hurt to check the Excursions tab as well, just in case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2018 at 1:57 PM, JLMoran said:

They're up now. I made iFly reservations just in case I wanted to try. I've been skydiving before.

12 minutes ago, ellcee said:

They're up now. I made iFly reservations just in case I wanted to try. I've been skydiving before.

Thanks, @ellcee! Made our reservations for both of those.

Were you only seeing reservations for sea days? I really wanted to do North Star while we were in port so we'd have more than open ocean to see, but there were no reservation slots for either day in Bermuda. ?

Oh, and I still can't make an online reservation for Coastal Kitchen, even though it's been back in my Cruise Planner for almost two weeks now. I really hope Anthem is no longer the exception to that rule, as I really want to have that one true JS-related "surprise" booked and ready when we board.

Reading about all these experienced Anthem cruisers I was wondering if you consider any of the shows onboard to be family friendly? I'm going to guess no on We Will Rock since it's based on Queen songs and after watching Mamma Mia on Allure I would guess that it would be similar. I haven't really gotten a bead on the other two main ones though, opinions?

11 minutes ago, kpersons09 said:

Reading about all these experienced Anthem cruisers I was wondering if you consider any of the shows onboard to be family friendly? I'm going to guess no on We Will Rock since it's based on Queen songs and after watching Mamma Mia on Allure I would guess that it would be similar. I haven't really gotten a bead on the other two main ones though, opinions?

The Gift is just weird...but totally family appropriate. We loved Spectra's Cabaret. It was a bit psychedelic but very entertaining. I thought it was fine for my kids who were 9,11 when we sailed. Younger kids will likely just be mesmerized by the dancing and all lights and special effects. We Will Rock You is PG I would say. To be totally honest, it is nothing that kids probably don't already hear on the playground. Being a teacher, I can vouch for that. However, depending on the age of your kids and your own comfort level, you might want to keep the kids out of this one. My kids did go, and we just had a quick discussion afterwards.  There is no actual swearing but there was some language. The costumes were a bit more risqué than say Mama Mia, and there was one scene on a couch where the lights dim and you draw your own conclusions. That's about all I can remember.

10 hours ago, kpersons09 said:

When is your sailing? If I see the shows I can let you know. Part of my job is to give parental ratings for movies and tv shows.

10 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

The Gift is just weird...but totally family appropriate. We loved Spectra's Cabaret. It was a bit psychedelic but very entertaining. I thought it was fine for my kids who were 9,11 when we sailed. Younger kids will likely just be mesmerized by the dancing and all lights and special effects. We Will Rock You is PG I would say. To be totally honest, it is nothing that kids probably don't already hear on the playground. Being a teacher, I can vouch for that. However, depending on the age of your kids and your own comfort level, you might want to keep the kids out of this one. My kids did go, and we just had a quick discussion afterwards.  There is no actual swearing but there was some language. The costumes were a bit more risqué than say Mama Mia, and there was one scene on a couch where the lights dim and you draw your own conclusions. That's about all I can remember.

Thanks for the review @Lovetocruise2002 I'll have my 6, almost 8, and nearing 10 years old with me in January so we'll probably opt to have the kids in AO for We will Rock You, but I think we'll all catch one of the other shows together. Excited to see Two70 in action after staring at Live blog photos from @twangster.

3 hours ago, kpersons09 said:

Thanks for the review @Lovetocruise2002 I'll have my 6, almost 8, and nearing 10 years old with me in January so we'll probably opt to have the kids in AO for We will Rock You, but I think we'll all catch one of the other shows together. Excited to see Two70 in action after staring at Live blog photos from @twangster.

That's the beauty of AO!  Don't miss the show yourself though.  It was, IMO, the best show out of all of them (Cats, Mama Mia, Hairspray, Grease, We Will Rock You).  They also usually do an afternoon showing at some point during the cruise.