New Sale coming this weekend

1 minute ago, Boston Babe said:

A birdie sent me an email that new Sale coming this weekend, 50% off Kids Sale Free up to $200 OBC and specialty dining for two beginning July 20-23, 2019 in case anyone wants to recheck their rates or book a new cruise! perhaps @Matt can confirm??  

Does your little birdie know when the next 30% off everyone (or BOGO60) sale will be?  

I would never tell any of you that the next sale is the Explore More Sale with up to $200 to spend at sea

5nights or less: Inside/oceanview: $25, Balcony: $50, Suites: $75

6 nights or longer: Inside/oceanview: $50, Balcony $75, Suite: $100

Combinable with non-refundable OBC (which is how you get up to $200).

4 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Looking at when I booked AOS, I booked it in March 2018 for July 2019, that was 30% off, is it possible they would have one before that as I don't recall?

Last year they ran it in the fall, and then from Jan-march of this year....still trying to find a way to book that Anthem GC

Just now, KJ1231 said:

Is that automatic for all MEI customers? Or just "special" folks like you? ?

We booked our next one with MEI.

Automatic for all. They typically re-price when new promotions debut simply since it's the most likely time for a price change.

Just now, twangster said:
9 minutes ago, KJ1231 said:

I never asked for it, Jacki just does it.  Last sale I saved $50 on one sailing.  It's only $50 but its my $50! 

I started the process through the MEI website and Michelle C. is my new best friend. How long should I wait once the sale starts before contacting them? They had a promo where they were covering the gratuities so on a 5-night that was $72.50 pp (or $290 for the 4 of us). 

Just now, KJ1231 said:

I started the process through the MEI website and Michelle C. is my new best friend. How long should I wait once the sale starts before contacting them? They had a promo where they were covering the gratuities so on a 5-night that was $72.50 pp (or $290 for the 4 of us). 

I've heard great things about Michelle.  I'd suggest you contact her and discuss it.  That way you have it direct from the source.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I've heard great things about Michelle.  I'd suggest you contact her and discuss it.  That way you have it direct from the source.

I've also heard "Michelle's" story but even Michelle couldn't beat the prices/OBC I get. I also promised her I wouldn't tell anyone where/whom I go to. A promise is a promise!!  ??

Explore More Bonus is showing up on the RC website. So it looks like the price remained the same for our 12/29 cruise on Brilliance but the "Explore More Bonus" OBC is available. We booked a balcony less than 6 months in advance so maybe $25 each OBC... every little bit helps

On 7/17/2018 at 9:19 AM, Boston Babe said:

A birdie sent me an email that new Sale coming this weekend, 50% off Kids Sale Free up to $200 OBC and specialty dining for two beginning July 20-23, 2019 in case anyone wants to recheck their rates or book a new cruise! perhaps @Matt can confirm??  

I was able to take $258 dollars off of our Grand Suite booking on the Radiance for July 19, 2019 Alaska Southbound. Also added an additional $100 OBC (we already had $100 with previous booking). Our 2019 Dec Holiday Cruise to Eastern Caribbean did not get any less expensive. Actually, it went up by $700 for our Junior Suite. Thank you @Boston Babe for the heads-up on this!

I've been hoping for a long-shot post-final-payment-date big drop in other suite prices ever since last weekend, where maybe I could upgrade our JS to a true suite for either very little or no money. No luck with this sale, although I do see some of those prices starting to come down a very little bit.

What's really interesting with this is that they currently have a Grand Suite Guarantee on offer for $1,999 pp, and they list all categories of suite; but if I click any but Sky Loft or Grand Loft to see what rooms are actually available, I'm told those rooms are not available. So anyone who was willing to pay that rate is more or less guaranteed an SLS or GLS suite for $2k per person on this sailing, barring some last-minute cancellation or upgrade by an already-booked passenger.

The bummer for me is that, after upgrading months ago from balcony to JS, balconies are currently being priced at OV room rates ($700 pp), and were even at or below those prices shortly before final payment. I'm still glad we'll be in the JS with its better amenities, access to CK, and double C&A points; but man would it have been nice right now to have gotten back several hundred dollars.

I'm still going to track the prices daily and see if actual GS rooms become available again for anything remotely close to my current price paid for the J4 JS. I know it's a Lottery level long shot, but if I could get a true suite upgrade for little to no more out of pocket, that would be beyond awesome.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

, but if I could get a true suite upgrade for little to no more out of pocket, that would be beyond awesome.

Keep checking Joe, the GS experience is awesome as I supposed the "Genie" suites are even better".  I hope something comes up before your final payment is due and your wish comes true!

1 hour ago, Boston Babe said:

I hope something comes up before your final payment is due and your wish comes true!

Final payment date already came and passed. So basically I'm hoping for some last-minute cancellation to open up a room at really lower cost, or for the remaining suites to just not sell in the next 80-odd days and lead to a greatly reduced GS Guarantee rate that I could switch over to.