Bev Package has shown up 400+ days before should I purchase now?

50 minutes ago, Aeroman380 said:

What is the average cost per day for a 12 day sailing on ovation?

That's kind of like asking "how much is a car?".  It depends.

Pricing per day varies based on traditional economics.  During times of high demand, price is higher.  During times of lower demand, pricing is lower.  For example, when school is out of session and families tend to take vacations,  prices are often higher because there is more demand.  The 'shoulder season' for any market tends to be cheaper.

An itinerary that looks very appealing will be a higher price compared to an itinerary that isn't as appealing. 

What type of cabin are you considering?  A ship like Ovation has more balcony cabins and sometimes balconies are more affordable (on a relative basis).  She also has a handful of solo cabins for people cruising alone and everything in between.  Then there are suites including some that are two levels.

Generally speaking cruises are the least expensive when they are first made available for booking.  Waiting to book later can often be more costly.

Each port charges fees and taxes which each guest must pay.  A port intensive sailing will have higher port fees and taxes.  A 12 night cruise with more sea days will likely have lower port fees and taxes.

Combine all of these factors and it's very difficult to produce a meaningful 'average' cost per night even just looking at 12 night sailings. 

I have a cruises for July 2019 (365 days from now) and Dec 2019 (500+ days from now). I've already booked our beverage packages (10 and 20 percent off onboard prices is what they're currently offering). If the price drops, I'll cancel and re-book. Same goes for shore excursions and dining for our July 2019 sailing. Scheduled those back in March or April!

2 hours ago, twangster said:

That's kind of like asking "how much is a car?".  It depends.

Pricing per day varies based on traditional economics.  During times of high demand, price is higher.  During times of lower demand, pricing is lower.  For example, when school is out of session and families tend to take vacations,  prices are often higher because there is more demand.  The 'shoulder season' for any market tends to be cheaper.

An itinerary that looks very appealing will be a higher price compared to an itinerary that isn't as appealing. 

What type of cabin are you considering?  A ship like Ovation has more balcony cabins and sometimes balconies are more affordable (on a relative basis).  She also has a handful of solo cabins for people cruising alone and everything in between.  Then there are suites including some that are two levels.

Generally speaking cruises are the least expensive when they are first made available for booking.  Waiting to book later can often be more costly.

Each port charges fees and taxes which each guest must pay.  A port intensive sailing will have higher port fees and taxes.  A 12 night cruise with more sea days will likely have lower port fees and taxes.

Combine all of these factors and it's very difficult to produce a meaningful 'average' cost per night even just looking at 12 night sailings. 

I think OP was asking about the average drink package price...?

Just now, KathyC aka KathLuvsGH said:

Not sure about Ovation...but I have a 12 night sailing on Serenade that is on sale for US$ 42 per day.  I've seen it for this sailing as high as $48 per day. 

OP was asking specifically about Refreshment Package (no alcohol), which is a lot less (at least in the US).

4 hours ago, Aeroman380 said:

We want the regular refreshment package and it is going for 42 cad$/day (32 usd) gratuities included. This is for 12 day cruise. Should i book this now?

The lowest anyone has seen recently in the US for the Refreshment package is 18 USD/day, and that price usually shows up around sales like Fourth of July or Labor Day. A price of 32 USD (43.20 AUD) per day seems pretty high for the non-alcoholic package, but I checked and saw that Australia can charge a VAT; this could be having an effect on the overall price, if VAT has to be paid for all of the beverage packages.

I tend to agree with @Neaxan and @Adriana; if your budget lets you buy it now, go ahead and do so as long as you have the option later on to cancel and re-purchase if a better sale price comes along.