Formal night?

LisBott

Thanks, Michelle. I plan on dressing up, but wanted to forgo the jacket to save space in the luggage. On a 12 night cruise plus a few days before, space will be at a premium. And to be honest, I don't think I've taken a coat in quite some time except for on Holland as they still require a coat on formal night.

Thanks, Michelle. I plan on dressing up, but wanted to forgo the jacket to save space in the luggage. On a 12 night cruise plus a few days before, space will be at a premium. And to be honest, I don't think I've taken a coat in quite some time except for on Holland as they still require a coat on formal night.

The way I solved the problem of packing for formal night was to not pack a suit at all.... I rented a tux through Royal Caribbean's website. There were some technology glitches, but I got it sorted out via e-mail with the tux people. The tux was hanging in my cabin when I boarded the ship. The tailor even called our room to see if I needed any adjustments. Because my feet are a mess I brought my own shoes, but you can rent those, too.

Jacket, pants, two shirts, cummerbund, vest, bow tie, long tie, studs, and cuff links for $99. 

The way I solved the problem of packing for formal night was to not pack a suit at all.... I rented a tux through Royal Caribbean's website. There were some technology glitches, but I got it sorted out via e-mail with the tux people. The tux was hanging in my cabin when I boarded the ship. The tailor even called our room to see if I needed any adjustments. Because my feet are a mess I brought my own shoes, but you can rent those, too.

Jacket, pants, two shirts, cummerbund, vest, bow tie, long tie, studs, and cuff links for $99. 

Markinct forgot to mention that his tux rental was for the entire week, not just one night. He could have been James Bond all 7 nights if he liked.

I'll +1 on European cruises being overall less formal.

When we go I think that European cruises are all about the ports you visit and that the boat is just a very familiar cheap hotel.