Itinerary of St. Kitt's, St. Thomas & Nassau - recommendations??

spiralqueen

I will be going on an Eastern Caribbean cruise next May with my parents and I'm looking for some ideas for excursions at these ports. I've done a bit of research on them already, but I would love some input/additional ideas. Since my mom has some slight mobility issues (bad back/knees, but not bad enough that she needs any mobility aids) so I'm looking for something on the more low key side. No hiking to the base of a waterfall for us! Also in case it matters, neither my mom nor I drink so if it is an activity that is centered around alcohol like a party boat or something, that wouldn't be the most appealing thing for us. 

So far I was thinking about doing the scenic railway excursion on St. Kitts & probably just one of the resorts for a day at Nassau and make it a beach day. Since we already have a beach day on our radar, we would like to do something a bit different at St. Thomas. Does anyone have any recommendations of things they have done in the past there? Any thoughts on alternative things to do in St. Kitts/Nassau or am I on the right track there? I like the idea of getting to know the culture/history of a place instead of just having an extended shopping trip if that also helps at all. 

Thanks in advance for any insight or ideas!

Not that this is at all helpful to you, but I am thinking of doing the St. Kitts railway when we go to St. Kitts over Christmas.  I have heard mixed reviews - some have said that it was a tad boring (I think Master Matt had some similar remarks ?  Not sure) but I have never done it and I love trains.  So....here we go.

@Matt 's review of the St Kitts Railway:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/05/23/excursion-focus-caribbean-scenic-railway-tour-st-kitts

I've done it.  It isn't going to leave your mascara streaking down your face from 140mph winds like on a jet boat excursion but it's an interesting and quite enjoyable way to see the island that is very unique.  It claims to be the only operating railway in the Caribbean.  It would be good for those that can climb a few stairs to make it to the upper level of the train and then sit for while. 

On St. Thomas you can take a taxi to Mountain Top for some amazing views and souvenir shopping.  Many people rave about their Banana Daiquiris which can be non-alcoholic on a hot day.

There are a couple of scenic overlooks you can ask any driver to take you to.  Drake's Seat for views of Magens Bay for example.  Close by is an overlook for amazing views of the harbor. 

A visit to Blackbeard's Castle if they have re-opened by the time of your visit is an option.  They received some roof damage during the 2017 hurricane season and are working towards recovery.