2020 Itinerary Release Dates?

30 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

The deployment/opening schedule for sailings is as follows, IF RCCL keeps it as last year:

• Short Caribbean Summer 2020 - Winter 2021: November, 2018
  • Northeast, Canada & Bermuda: Summer 2020: December, 2018
  • Europe Phase I & Alaska: Summer 2020: December, 2018
  • Remaining deployment: Spring 2019

Thank you @princevaliantus.

It's.                   So.                              Long.                                      Away...........................                                    ugh........................

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, KJ1231 said:

Any chance RCCL will add additional ports in Alaska? We loved our cruise on Radiance and want to go again but hoping there are other ports we can visit.

Occasionally Sitka appears on limited itineraries.  Sailing out of Seattle generally will call on Victoria which typically isn't offered on the one-way North/South cruises.

Don't discount the Seattle round trip Alaska cruises.  I've done both and enjoyed both very much.  My pattern is Southbound, Seattle round trip, Southbound, Seattle roundtrip.

2020 is unknown.  With more and bigger ships doing Alaska it is possible more ports or lesser used ports may become more common.  

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, twangster said:

Occasionally Sitka appears on limited itineraries.  Sailing out of Seattle generally will call on Victoria which typically isn't offered on the one-way North/South cruises.

Don't discount the Seattle round trip Alaska cruises.  I've done both and enjoyed both very much.  My pattern is Southbound, Seattle round trip, Southbound, Seattle roundtrip.

2020 is unknown.  With more and bigger ships doing Alaska it is possible more ports or lesser used ports may become more common.  

Thanks - another line offers a 14-day (all cruise - no land) that includes most of the Radiance ports and adds Anchorage, Homer, Kodiak,  Sitka and Victoria on a r/t from Seattle. Would love to do something similar on RCCL....

Bigger ships means less ports.  To get a true Alaskan experience consider a cruise on a small ship cruise line.   Also  whale watching on a small boat excursion is worth the money. The big excursion whale watch boats don`t have the horsepower to turn on a dime and rush to a sighting.  We are loyal to Royal most of the time unless we want to get a great experience like we did in Alaska and in some other countries.  San Fran to Alaska round trip won`t give you many stops.  One way will offer several stops.

2 hours ago, fonemanbob said:

Bigger ships means less ports.  To get a true Alaskan experience consider a cruise on a small ship cruise line.   Also  whale watching on a small boat excursion is worth the money. The big excursion whale watch boats don`t have the horsepower to turn on a dime and rush to a sighting.  We are loyal to Royal most of the time unless we want to get a great experience like we did in Alaska and in some other countries.  San Fran to Alaska round trip won`t give you many stops.  One way will offer several stops.

Agreed. We are doing the soundbound next summer on Radiance. Not interested in the whale watching (if we see them, super), we will be stream fishing at each port. ?

• 4 weeks later...

If your husband is going by the number of invoices you're paying off, and he sees the bills / emails / statements, then B2B counts as two cruises (separate bookings and reservations).

But if you're the master of the treasury and all he does at the end of the day is hand his paycheck to you for bill payments, and he never so much as sees a statement... well, then you just have one unusually long itinerary and he can find out the realities of the B2B disemarkation / re-embarkation when the day comes. ?

1 hour ago, rjac said:

If the first week is, for example, Eastern Carib and the second week is Western Carib that's two cruises. We've done this a couple of times in the past.

@rjac, you are taking this FAR too literally! Can't you see that @Sweety doesn't want cold reality, and is looking for a loophole to sneak in a fourth cruise without her husband realizing? Help a gal out with feeding her cruise addiction, already! ?

Btw, @Sweety, if you ever want to "sneak" in a B2B in a more covert manner, check out HAL's itineraries. I found after looking through a bunch of their Norway / Iceland offerings that they have listings for longer (14-28 night) sailings that, when you dig into the itineraries, are really B2B or B2B2B combinations of various shorter itineraries. Those would show up as a single booking / invoice, and honestly the ones I looked at were really nice for port stops, days spent in the fjords, etc. I'd imagine they may well have similar offerings here in the states for combined eastern/western Caribbean or other options that are easily combined from a common port.

8 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Sweety, a B2B only counts as 1 cruise.  I'm positive about this.

To further clarify, IF the booking is for two cruises that are listed AND priced as ONE, then it is counted as one as there will only be ONE payment. IF it is two separate listed AND priced cruises you want to do B2B, then they count as two since you have to pay them separately.

6 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

To further clarify, IF the booking is for two cruises that are listed AND priced as ONE, then it is counted as one as there will only be ONE payment. IF it is two separate listed AND priced cruises you want to do B2B, then they count as two since you have to pay them separately.

Counselor,  we are joking.  ??