Spa Service Freedom of the Seas

I've searched and can't seem to find any info. . . I understand that Harmony has a teen SPA for those 13-17, but wondering if Freedom offers that also?  My son will be 17 and our cruise is his graduation present, and he is BEGGING for a deep tissue massage (athlete of course. . LOL!).  Wondering if it's offered or if I could get for a 17 year old?

Also, are there Mommy and Me services?  I seen on other ships (Disney obviously!) Mommy and me mani/pedis, etc.  Just something fun to do with my 10 year old for a girls pampering.

Any one have any info or experience I'd greatly appreciate.

Thanks!

Spa services on board are handled by a 3rd party, Steiner.  They do a lot of cruise lines and very possibly were behind any Disney Spa services you enjoyed. 

For this reason the services offered tend to be somewhat consistent across the fleet. 

I recall doing a live blog here where someone asked about any spa teen age restrictions so I called the spa while on board and asked them.  No problems.  I don't recall a specific Teen Spa program but at the end of the day the spa is a profit center and often looking for business.  I'd be surprised if your 17 yo had a problem getting spa services with you there by his side.

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

Spa services on board are handled by a 3rd party, Steiner.  They do a lot of cruise lines and very possibly were behind any Disney Spa services you enjoyed. 

For this reason the services offered tend to be somewhat consistent across the fleet. 

I recall doing a live blog here where someone asked about any spa teen age restrictions so I called the spa while on board and asked them.  No problems.  I don't recall a specific Teen Spa program but at the end of the day the spa is a profit center and often looking for business.  I'd be surprised if your 17 yo had a problem getting spa services with you there by his side.

Think that was @JLMoran.  IIRC he was looking for his girls for his Freedom cruise.  

In the recent past, on one of the big ships (most likely on Allure in April) I saw a doorway marked "Teen Spa".  I have no idea what was behind it, how big it is inside or what they do there...but I do recall seeing that sign so there is some form of teen spa services at least on SOME of the ships.  Sorry I don't know more.

7 hours ago, InfoNrs629 said:

I've searched and can't seem to find any info. . . I understand that Harmony has a teen SPA for those 13-17, but wondering if Freedom offers that also?  My son will be 17 and our cruise is his graduation present, and he is BEGGING for a deep tissue massage (athlete of course. . LOL!).  Wondering if it's offered or if I could get for a 17 year old?

Also, are there Mommy and Me services?  I seen on other ships (Disney obviously!) Mommy and me mani/pedis, etc.  Just something fun to do with my 10 year old for a girls pampering.

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Think that was @JLMoran.  IIRC he was looking for his girls for his Freedom cruise.  

Yup, that was me! Freedom does indeed offer the Teen Spa services, and they can only be booked / purchased on board. My older daughter was 17 and still needed her mom to purchase whatever she might have wanted and sign a waiver indicating permission for our daughter to have the treatment. I'd recommend visiting the spa on embarkation day and making the arrangement for your son's deep tissue massage. If you can deal with the tour, he can also get a sample of the other massage options they have (bamboo rods, hot rocks, and some kind of gourd-shaped herb pack) in case something else interests him as an add-on.

Be aware that he'll also need a signed waiver / permission form from you if he wants to use the gym. Basically, under 18 requires parental approval for any activities involving spa or gym area, whether paid or complementary.

As for the "Mommy and me" services, you can do a mom and daughter paired massage or father and son, but not mixed gender. That was the only paired service I saw, but there may be others that we just didn't inquire about (e.g., facials or hair styling).