Izumi: much smaller menus

alamode123

Just looking at pre-booking dining on our March 10-15 Navigator of the Seas cruise. Looking at Izumi's menu on Royal's website, and about half the choices have been removed. I checked menus on other ships and it looked identical. No ramen, no hot rocks, basically nothing but sushi and sashimi. 

Has anyone tried Izumi lately? Has the menu gotten smaller?

We were just on Grandeur over the 4th of July and the menu at the Izumi on Grandeur is the same as it has always been.  I cannot recall whether there is a difference between the Izumi menu on Grandeur and the Izumi menu on the O class ships but I don't really think there is any difference.  I could be wrong.  I don't pay that close of attention to such things.

9 minutes ago, alamode123 said:

More worried about the ramen and potstickers. My girls will be 15. the two things they do are eat and complain. ?

Not sure if it helps but the "new" Mariner Izumi menu (after dry dock) has ramen noodles.  It also has spring rolls, tempura, and crispy chicken under apps.  I suspect Navigator will follow the same trend.