Second cruise booked! Brilliance of the Seas, 12/29/18

KJ1231

Well we couldn't talk our 17 and 20yos into cruising Alaska so we opted for Brilliance of the Seas 5-night 12/29/18-1/3/19 sailing from Tampa-Grand Cayman-Cozumel-Tampa.

Not sure how much better we would have done with Next Cruise when we were on the Radiance 2 weeks ago but couldn't nail it down before we disembarked.

Alaska #2 will have to wait until 2020. Any rumors as to whether RC will be offering any new ports then? HA includes Homer and Kodiak in their 14-day. Would love to see RC add them, too!

Working with Michelle from MEI on this cruise. Booked connecting cabins 8618-8620.

She got us r/t air for under $270 PHL-TPA; FLL-PHL (going to Naples for a few nights after the cruise).

Flying to Tampa 12/28 - leery of flying same day, especially with Philly winter - so got a room at Marriott Waterfront with points.

Fun times!

I love brilliance, still one of my favorite ships. Leaving out of Tampa is a nice scenic route. You get to see Right in the center of downtown, then see St Pete. The skyway is a awesome thing to see and to finish it off Edmonton key. It’s a neat sail for a couple hours. 

22 hours ago, CaptTJ said:

I love brilliance, still one of my favorite ships. Leaving out of Tampa is a nice scenic route. You get to see Right in the center of downtown, then see St Pete. The skyway is a awesome thing to see and to finish it off Edmonton key. It’s a neat sail for a couple hours. 

Completely agree on the Brilliance and the sailaway, especially under the Sunshine Skyway. However, sailing in December, it will be dark, the Skyway lights are fun but Edgmont Key is probably impossible to see at that time of night.

19 minutes ago, KJ1231 said:

Thoughts on excursions for Grand Cayman and Cozumel?

In Cozumel, went downtown and walked around. We actually will be back in Cozumel twice, we have a B2B. We are going to the a tequila run. The second time in  Cozumel we haven't decided.