Formal Nights

Howard

When oh when are they going to get rid of the formal nights?????????? I can't possibly use another formal portrait: my children have started using them for dart boards. My formal outfits all consist of some combination of black pants, tops, shoes and fake jewels since I won't take the good stuff through TSA or wear in a foreign port. My husband decries the suit and tie routine since retirement. Can't someone just say, "Dress up but be comfortable and be reasonable considering baggage fees for lugging extra clothes. Absolutely no shorts or jeans will be allowed in the dining room on formal night but Country Club casual is acceptable."?

3 minutes ago, Keeves said:

Last week on Mariner - a 4-night cruise - they changed "Formal Night" to "Wear Your Best" night. I have no idea whether this was a one-shot experiment, or a change for 4-night cruises, or maybe it is going company-wide.

I'm hoping it does expand to other ships.  If you want to dress up, dress up.  If you don't, then don't. 

Takes all the hurt feelings away when some guests choose not to dress up as much as others think they should.