Majesty of the Seas

I just got off the 4/5 sailing on The Independence of The Seas and we absolutely enjoyed it. Me and my wife originally had another cruise booked on 8/15/15 on the Adventure of the seas, however she will be over the 6 month limit that Royal Caribbean allows to go on a cruise. She suggested me and our son take a short cruise. We have already cruised on The Enchantment of the Seas and loved it. Instead of doing a repeat on the Enchantment, I looked at the Majesty. I know it will be out of the fleet next year and I just wanted any insight anyone may have on the ship. Is the cruise worth taking with an 8year old who loves cruising? Info needed!

Obviously Majesty is a different class of ship than the others you mentioned.  As long as you're okay with a smaller ship that doesn't offer as much onboard, I think it's a fine choice.  

Majesty is an inexpensive getaway cruise that still offers that core Royal Caribbean experience and personally, I wish I could get on her once so I could experience the Sovereign class but I don't think it's in the cards unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

I just booked on her as I really wanted to get one cruise on her before she was gone.

Got a ocean view 4 day for just over $200 plus taxes for Nov.

Looking forward to experiencing her. My first cruise ever was on Monarch a few years ago before RCI retired her, so I know this ships will be similar and bring back some memories!

I never sailed on the Monarch or the Majesty so I really don't have an opinion on the ships themselves but I agree with Doc (and apparently, RCI) that these short trips on the smaller ships are the best way to get the first-time cruisers hooked !

My very first cruise was a 3-day on the Carnival Elation (old, even then !!) and I thought I was on the Queen Mary. It worked though...been cruisin' ever since and paying WAY more money for a cruise than I did back then.

While on got hooked on Royal on my first cruise aboard the Viking Serenade, I'm actually not sure that this is the way to hook new cruisers as the older ships don't have the wow factor of the newer builds. Perhaps this is why Disney put their newest ship on a 3/4 day run and waited for the next build for the 7 day run.

I have several friends who actually don't want to cruise after having done some short runs in part because of the ship and in part because of a different passenger base. Of course, they didn't cruise with me, so that could be part of the problem, too. ;)