Can no longer see invoice on RCI website?

What is going on with the (new) website?

I've just spent an hour on the phone with customer services trying to work out why I can no longer view my reservation details. All I can see is the cruise date and room number - no invoice showing the total breakdown.

After spending a frustrating amount of time trying to troubleshoot my account with customer services who don't seem to understand the issue - I'm told that's how the website now works. To get the breakdown or a copy of the invoice apparently we now have to call in, wait on hold, speak to a representative and have it emailed. Can that be true? Surely not....

Interested to know if others here can login to their 'universal account' (formerly mycruise) and see the invoice breakdown for their reservations.   #frustrated 

Youbare absolutely right!  Calling and asking for email is the only way now. How inconvenient is that?

I talked to a web representative and she fessed up but told me “they’re working on it.” I think they want you to call so they can sell drink packages etc while you are on the line. 

As a new cruiser I found this very frustrating. I am cruising with a friend in March of 2019 for my first cruise and it has made it terribly inconvenient to break down costs. I thought it was odd when we booked our cruise in March and they sent a confirmation email with out any sort of invoice at all. It has also made it tricky to figure out if the price of our cabin has increased or decreased (which is probably a goal they have in hiding the invoice). I've considered switching our cruise to an agent so that they can deal with the hassle of checking for discounts, but my friend and I enjoy being able to make payments directly through Royal and seeing that we live almost 10 hours apart working through the website in theory should make planning our girls week easier, not more difficult. As an introverted adult computer science student who works in the public in a customer service related job, I really do try to avoid telephone calls when I'm not at work. On the positive side, I guess I should be happy that there is a company that encourages human interaction and provides jobs for the folks in the call center.

Thanks for the confirmation.

My jaw just slammed down on the desk with incredulity at the company, willfully, making a change like this that results in:

1. An increased volume of *frustrated* calls to their support staff
2. Making *my* information more difficult for me to access

3. Adding only upsell features to the booking maintenance experience

I have been an RCI cruiser for 10 years now and have watched as they have become increasingly cynical towards their customers by dilution of the at-sea experience through nickel and diming, penny pinching and take-over of what were formerly public areas on the ships for more upsell opportunities.

The worst thing is it took customer ’services’ nearly an hour to deal with my simple question before admitting that this is how it now works. And I’m tech savvy having been in the business for over 25 years so I know it wasn’t me!

Our last RCI cruise was quite disappointing but we booked another 2 anyway. I’ll keep the one for this December but the jury is out on the one I have booked for next April. I’ve got to admit that my hopes are not high.  Perhaps it’s time for another cruise line which is sad but I’m feeling very disenfranchised and very disappointed with RCI

You’re lucky because the last time I called I was on hold for 8 minutes! Then the rep kindly agreed to send email but “reminded” me I could book excursions and preorder drink packages. I guess it’s the luck of the draw. 

Not sure if you are deliberately missing the point or just trolling so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.  Why would RCI remove the ability to see your booking information?  Why would they make you call in to obtain it? It seems totally counter-intuitive that in a time of greater access to information, RCI would restrict it.   Having considered it, it's probably 2 things - 1. to make it more difficult to comparison shop 2. to upsell you when you call in. Both cynical.

Or maybe they are migrating from an old antiquated system and they are deploying a modern fresh platform and they will eventually add it back as they have indicated.

A buddy of mine use to be do outsourced work on the open source database in the back end.  It was a mess. 

Given how poorly the migration to the new site went, I'm guessing they are taking all additional steps in this process a little more seriously than they took the first few steps.

I posted to the RCI Facebook page and this is the exchange:

Phil:  What is going on with the website? I've just spent an hour on the phone with customer services trying to work out why I can no longer view my reservation details. All I can see is the cruise date and room number - no invoice showing the total breakdown. After spending a frustrating amount of time trying to troubleshoot my account with customer services who don't seem to understand the issue - I'm told that's how the website now works. To get the breakdown or a copy of the invoice I now have to call in, wait on hold, speak to a representative and have it emailed to me. Can that be true? Surely not....

Royal Caribbean International I'm so sorry about this, Phil. When recent changes were made to our website, certain features were removed as well. You don't have to necessarily call in. Any time you make a payment, an updated invoice should be sent to you. You can also reach out to us here 24/7 and we can send it to you right away. -Brit

Phil  Are there plans to restore that functionality? It seems counter-intuitive that, in an age of increased access to information, *my* information, that RCI would restrict it.

Royal Caribbean International We don't have plans to do so at this time, but I've shared your suggestion with our Operational team. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us.

So there we have it.  I'm sure the Operational Team will get right on that.

I personally didn't have to sit on hold when I called maybe I've just been lucky and calling outside of peak times, but the facebook conversation information provided is misinformed. I made the deposit at booking and two payments afterward and only received a confirmation email after paying the deposit at booking. I was going on looking at the total and sending myself an email with my remaining total normally not receiving a confirmation after an online payment would make me nervous but the amount was going down by my payment amounts so I wasn't in full on worried mode. When I called to ask another question I sheepishly asked if there was anyway to breakdown the cost per cruiser and the representative sent it to my email (which they had on file and was correct). I also check my spam daily and I haven't had any emails from Royal in it. I think from now on each time I make a payment I will call and ask for them to email an updated invoice. I don't have an official crown and anchor number yet as this is my first cruise. I am curious as to whether or not others have been receiving invoices/receipts after online payments (or am I the only crazy who doesn't use a travel agent?).

I often make bookings direct when I see particular cabin I want then I transfer them to a travel agent. 

I've made a dozen bookings over the last two months, some later cancelled, some transferred to an agency.  In the end I always have a travel agent involved.

Either way I call and have the invoice emailed to me. It's never been the issue that apparently it is for some.

Here is a sample email I get with each payment applied (before transferring to an agent).  This isn't the initial email from moment of booking, rather for an additional deposit I added after the initial deposit:

159550119_RCIPayemnetEmail.jpeg.838ef7e8bdb1aaf7021698d591990cad.jpeg

I think you can create an account if you have never sailed RCI and you'll have "Pre-Gold" C&A status. 

3 minutes ago, FloridaPhil said:

Twangster, the email you provided illustrates the issue perfectly.

There is no breakdown of the price paid per person, the taxes and port fees, insurance (if taken), pre-paid gratuities, OBC - nothing.  It's ridiculous.

That is why I call and request the invoice.  It's a temporary thing until they bring more functionality to the new website. 

I have 26 cruises booked right now, it hasn't hampered me at all. 

If you booked the cruise from their website or by calling in, they send a confirmation e-mail with the breakdown (cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities, OBC, etc).  I have always received a confirmation e-mail whenever I make payments towards that specific booking. 

If you booked with a travel agent, they should have sent you the invoice with the breakdown. 

Very interesting that we seem to all have different experiences. I do have an online account through royal, I set one up to do the booking, just not a crown and anchor number yet. Online on my account page there is just a blank space where my C&A number will be after my cruise. It looks like some did receive a break down when booking through Royal (and I did book through Royal directly) where as I did not. It does just seem like the trick is to call and request an invoice after each online payment. I'll still do the payment online rather than reading a CC number out loud over a call, now I know I need to add the step to call and request the receipt. Personally I'm not sure I find this to be a good business practice but I'll have to see if I enjoy the experience enough to continue business with/through Royal and/or hope that the functionality and transparency increases. I don't live anywhere near a cruise port so I'm not sure that I will have the ability to become a frequent cruiser until I retire (which is fairly far off for me) but for the time being I'm excited enough for this new experience that has been a dream of mine so I'm willing to put up with the inconvenience for the joy of the experience. I'm not sure I would feel that way if I had multiple cruises on going and had to call frequently.

The latest confirmation email I received June 28 only gives a confirmation number and an acknowledgement of the deposit received and an onboard credit of $25.00

Then I am directed to own the reservation by clicking on a link which just takes me to setting up an account which I already have and so it is a dead end.

I think the most irritating facet of this situation is the lack of transparency. The first rep I talked to told me to login to Already Booked from the home page, the Before you Board and I would find what I needed. When that didn't work, I called AGAIN and dialed the web help extension.  That rep walked me through a couple of options and then told me ONLY WHEN I ASKED DIRECTLY that the breakdown is no longer available on the website and you have to call to get it. But she also said, "we are aware of the problem and are working to take care of it."

It would be more palatable if RCCL would post a statement on the website or on the confirmation email, "If you would like an itemized statement for your records, please call 800-XXXXXXX and an emailed receipt will be sent to you." Why all the run around and deception?

BTW I have presently got 3 cruises booked and it's more trouble to keep calling. I know someone is going to say transfer to a TA but I WAS a cruise only TA for a few years and feel I should be able to do this myself and up to now actually enjoyed it. I just like to do it myself.

I am a loyal RCCL guest; I will be reaching D+ after completing my cruise March 19. BUT this is starting to irritate me. 

I agree with you that this nonsense with the website has gone on WAAAYTOOO long.

I hate that I cannot see the reservation confirmation any longer (although, most of my bookings are with a TA and I could never see them for the TA bookings anyway) and I hate that I can no longer go directly to the AirtoSea site to check international flights.  I hate that I cannot get from the logged-in My Cruises to the check-in section (you now must go through Already Booked without being logged in, which is utterly RIDICULOUS).  The new website is WAAAY worse than the old one and still contains so many glitches that it is utterly frustrating.  This level of inefficiency does not give one a sense of confidence in the company, overall.  In this day and age there is just no excuse.

They crippled the website and did not even think about the "Customer Experience".  Working in this realm for my whole career, I would have been fired if I put crap like this out for our customers to use.   If you look at the features that are in the present version, it shows where Royals focus is.  (Upsell, Upsell, Upsell !!!)  I have cruised a lot with RCCL and this "New" portal is a joke compared to the old one.   

• No way to set Crown & Anchor preferences
  • No longer able to view scheduled dining (1st, 2nd or My Time)
  • No longer able to view Table size , bed preferences or Special Occasion notes.
  • The past 2 cruises booked, I had to manually link them even though I booked using my Crown & Anchor number.  

Overall,  the website is useless, unless you want to buy something.  Will it make me change to another cruise line.  No,  Still better than cruising with the Carneys.

On 7/9/2018 at 2:18 PM, jurrjurr said:

If you booked the cruise from their website or by calling in, they send a confirmation e-mail with the breakdown (cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities, OBC, etc).  I have always received a confirmation e-mail whenever I make payments towards that specific booking. 

If you booked with a travel agent, they should have sent you the invoice with the breakdown. 

I booked online in April for next January, and only got the confirmation of my deposit. When I booked my just completed May 2018 cruise last December (over the phone with Royal, as I couldn't figure out how to book connecting cabins), I got a detailed invoice, & every time I called to make a change (ie, drop their trip insurance, reprice the cabins, drop the gratuities, prepay the gratuities 10 days prior, etc), I got an updated copy of the invoice.

We chose to transfer the January booking to a travel agent, and she got us copies of the invoice.