Cozumel: Playa Mia vs Paradise Beach?

RaleighTrout

Matt's Majesty blog made me aware of Paradise Beach.  Could anyone comment on how it compares to Playa Mia.  I have never been to Cozumel and we want to do a beach day. Have 2 kids, ages 16 and 10 and both offer plenty of activities.  Anyone seen both and can comment on service, amenities, quality, etc?

Pros as I see it:

Playa Mia:  One price admission ($30 per person). Has waterslides.  Offers an inclusive package for food and alcohol if desired.

Paradise Beach:  Low admission price ($3 pp), everything else is a la carte.  Bigger pool area and bigger shaded tree area.  

Playa Mia is more a water park, whereas Paradise Beach is an actual Beach.

I need to try Playa Mia on one of my trips there. Maybe in September.  My fear is Playa Mia is a tourist trap, in the sense there's a ton of people and mediocre food.  But if you got kids who want nothing but slides and stuff to play in the water, their offerings in that department are superior to Paradise Beach (in my observations).

Playa Mia has a rather large beach area plus the water park although Matt is right about the mediocre food. You can snorkel right off the beach area (not very good snorkeling but there are underwater statues that attract some fish to the area) and they have the inflatables in the ocean.  There are also slides, a basic pool and a younger kid area.  You can also rent jet skis, kayaks, etc.  Service is good, food is mediocre, clean bathrooms, and showers.  It is crowded but it is huge so people are able to spread out and there isn't really a wait to do anything.

Haven't been to Paradise Beach.  We've been to Playa Mia three times but would probably try Mr. Sanchos next time we go to Cozumel.

Thanks for the input.  

Paradise has some good offerings as well - they have the inflatables in the water and they are much easier to reach. Ones at Playa Mia are out there.  Paradise is $3 admission, plus $18 to use the inflatables, etc.  I like the well shaded tree area at Paradise too.  I also think Paradise has a nicer pool area.

Playa, as mentioned, has the big water slides.  The young kid area is not of concern as my kids are too old for it.  

Alcohol may be the deciding factor.  Buying online for Playa Mia, I can get admission and buffet lunch for the kids, plus admission, buffet and unlimited drinks for wife and I for $160 total.  For Paradise, I am looking at $66 for admission (wife at $3 -she doesn't care about the water activities, three us at $21 - admission plus Fun Pass).  Food and drink would then be extra at Paradise.