Voom Connection

Sometimes, like Explorer last week, they didn't provide the code at check in like they should have since I prepaid.  In that event just visit the Voom desk they set up somewhere on day 1, typically in a promenade type area.  I think that's happened twice to me.   Easy to get the code from them.

Ironically the Voom desk line on day one can become long because people don't realize they can do it themselves on board.

If you choose to not prepay and are buying on board, you don't have to stand in line at the Voom desk.  Just connect and launch your browser (if it doesn't redirect try to go to some website you don't normally visit.  I use abc.com just because its A B C .com and simple to type).  You can then follow the pages to create an account that you use to log in instead of a access code.  Part of that is cabin number so it can figure out what C&A discount to apply. It then charges it to your onboard account.  This only applies to onboard purchases of Voom.

I actually prefer this since I can remember a simple username/password combo I create over a 7 digit random code you get when pre-purchasing.

I was on Mariner last week. I  prepaid for Voom with one device, and I  got a small piece of paper taped to my SetSail pass immediately on boarding. The instructions were essentially identical to the letter posted above.

I would like to point out that "one device" means "one device at a time, regardless of who owns that device". For example, a couple can share one access code, but when one of the uses the access code, the other will lose their connection. It also means that if an individual goes to the library to use their pcs, they'll need to use their access code, and that will knock their phone off, so they'll need their access code again when they're done with the pc. So save that code!

(On the newly remodeled Mariner, the library is tiny compared to the photos on the website. There's only one stack of books, and four desks of pcs, and a black/white printer. It's on deck 4 near the theater.)

On 7/8/2018 at 12:55 AM, CGTLH said:

Depending on ship you either get a code at check in or it will be in your room, just depends on when you get your SeaPass card. When you login to use Voom you'll enter that code versus setting up an account.

On the Oasis last summer our code was in our room with we arrived.

On 7/8/2018 at 9:45 AM, Keeves said:

I was on Mariner last week. I  prepaid for Voom with one device, and I  got a small piece of paper taped to my SetSail pass immediately on boarding. The instructions were essentially identical to the letter posted above.

I would like to point out that "one device" means "one device at a time, regardless of who owns that device". For example, a couple can share one access code, but when one of the uses the access code, the other will lose their connection. It also means that if an individual goes to the library to use their pcs, they'll need to use their access code, and that will knock their phone off, so they'll need their access code again when they're done with the pc. So save that code!

(On the newly remodeled Mariner, the library is tiny compared to the photos on the website. There's only one stack of books, and four desks of pcs, and a black/white printer. It's on deck 4 near the theater.)

It doesn't always "bump" the other device off, sometimes you just can't get in until the other device is manually logged off.  Best way to be sure and avoid headaches is to log out of whatever device you don't want online when you're trying to switch.  Just go to "logoff.com" and it'll disconnect.

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

I always take a photo of the code with my phone so I always have it with me. Sometimes I can remember it but more often than not I can't.  

I do the same.  I am pathologically incapable of keeping pieces of paper.  If you hand me an important paper, receipt, etc., I will usually absentmindedly throw it away.  When I get the piece of paper with the Internet code, I take a picture of it with my phone and then immediately lock the slip of paper up in the safe.  I can't be trusted.

just looked at the price of voom on RC UK site

1 device £9.57 per day =£66.98 for 7 day cruise. 

2 devices £20.20 per day =  £141.41 for 7 day cruise

so if i need for my wife and myself its cheaper getting a 1 device pack each, usually more you buy the cheaper things are

9 minutes ago, Ray said:

just looked at the price of voom on RC UK site

1 device £9.57 per day =£66.98 for 7 day cruise. 

2 devices £20.20 per day =  £141.41 for 7 day cruise

so if i need for my wife and myself its cheaper getting a 1 device pack each, usually more you buy the cheaper things are

Odd. 

For a US cruise and a Barcelona cruise I see a small price break of 5% when comparing the 1 device to a 2 device plan.