Beryl and Harmony?

A FB post from Royal's Chief Meteorologist from 4 hrs ago:

"Chief Meteorologist James Van Fleet added 4 new photos.

4 hrs · 

‪#Hurricane #Beryl (you read that correctly) looks like a mess on satellite, but the core has still found a way to go to Cat 1. Don’t be alarmed by the overnight upgrade, as there is a hostile environment ahead for Beryl. Most data suggests it weakens significantly Royal Caribbean International"

Also, a tweet from Harmony captain Johnny:

18hrs ago: "The #harmonyoftheseas are already starting to plan for a back up plan for next cruise. At this moment it looks good for a normal Eastern which include Nassau Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Kitts. Exiting times and never a dull moment in the office ;-)"

21mins ago:  "It’s a lot of weather in the Caribbean for the time being, it nothing dramatic coming up next week. #Harmonyoftheseas will be Eastbound and all looks good so far. #sunyskies"

I wouldn't worry.  The ships are use to dealing with situations like this.  I would worry if a hurricane was to hit my port of embarkation/disembarkation.  But otherwise, enjoy your cruise.  Be flexible to changes in itineraries.

14 minutes ago, rachelk said:

We are leaving on Oasis for a Western Caribbean cruise - I pretty much had the same question.  Any thoughts on an itinerary change?  Our fist stop is Haiti on 

Tuesday morning.....

Are you on Twitter or FB?  If so, follow James Van Fleet (Royal's Chief Meteorologist).  He is really good about posting updates regarding storm systems.  

1 hour ago, rachelk said:

We are leaving on Oasis for a Western Caribbean cruise - I pretty much had the same question.  Any thoughts on an itinerary change?  Our fist stop is Haiti on 

Tuesday morning.....

@Lovetocruise2002's advice to follow James Van Fleet is right on...meanwhile, Beryl is forecast to be over Hispaniola (Domincan/Haiti) as a tropical storm on 7/10, so I wouldn't be surprised if your Labadee stop on Day 3 on Oasis is changed or is rainy/windy. Other than that, you will be south of there. My unprofessional opinion is that you will feel some moderate waves if you do stop in Labadee and are in the vicinity, so take some measures for that with bonine, green apples, etc. The captain may just decide to go to the other side of Cuba and do another sea day going around the western side of Cuba to hit your Falmouth stop which will I bet will be out of the way of the storm by then.

As far as Harmony...you will be in Charlotte Amalie by then, and well out of the way of the storm. My bet is you won't be affected.

Beryl.png

Edited by DunkelBierJay
Added Harmony note

not to worry I was on the majesty late 2017 when a hurricane was chasing us heading for florida our port other then dead calm ocean and incredible heat and humidity which is common when a storm approaches you would never know it was looming also I have a lot of faith in Van Fleet I watched him on our local tv channel here in florida long before he went with royal his predictions were spot on most of the time and we here learned to trust what he says we did lose a day of our cruise the captain made the decision to head back to port because it was headed twords our home port and we may not have been able to get in after it hit we did have the option to remain on board after they went back to sea to ride it out not to worry this is not new to them