Food allergies on excursions

cmctxmom

Hi everyone,  my son had multiple food allergies.  I know that bringing pre-packaged food with us for excursions is okay.  But it was told to me by a cruiser on another page that we would be permitted to bring food off the ship for him that was prepared by the RC crew for excursions as well, and that if questioned about it we would just need to show his sail card which would indicate his allergy in the special needs section.  (The allergy is noted on the reservation and I've submitted the Special Needs form)  Wondering if anyone had any experience with this...?

I have a similar issue, and while I have not had the experience of having the crew prepack food for me, I have found it useful to know the words for my allergies in the languages used where I travel. Google translate helps, most of the time. Be aware, though, certain dialects may differ, so it is good to check with native speakers that may be on the crew. Hope this helps. Happy Cruising!