Can I use a Travel Agent if I have already paid in full?

Hi! My husband and I booked our first cruise (for October 2018) last summer and paid it off in April. I have been reading a lot so we are prepared and see a lot of people recommend using a travel agent. We did not use one originally, but I was wondering if anyone knows if I can transfer our reservation to one now, even if we have already paid in full? Any benefits to this or anything negative?

Thanks in advance for your guidance and expertise!

Just now, NS8VN said:

First, welcome to the Royal Caribbean Blog forum!

Unfortunately it's not an option at this point.  To transfer a reservation to a TA it must be done within 60 days of booking, before the Final Payment Date, and also before it has been paid in full.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/direct-booking-transfer

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for your reply! I thought it might be too late, but was hoping. I will make sure to book with one next time!

if you have a very experienced travel agent with contacts at royal it is possible I highly recommend MEI travel there are no guaranties but they just did it for me it took about a week and I received several turn down emails from royal quoting policy but she did it I will stick with her for all my travel needs 

I've only had 1 experience with this.  One of our group paid for their cruise in full at the time that they booked it (rookey mistake !) and tried to have it moved over to our MEI agent.  Since the cruise had been paid in full (even though it was well within the 60 days AND well before final payment date) they were not allowed to move it since it had been paid in full.  Maybe they sometimes make exceptions to this rule but I don't personally know of any.

1 hour ago, henrysea13 said:

if you have a very experienced travel agent with contacts at royal it is possible I highly recommend MEI travel there are no guaranties but they just did it for me it took about a week and I received several turn down emails from royal quoting policy but she did it I will stick with her for all my travel needs 

I have one that is for September 2019 and it was way past the 60 days and MEI (Michelle) was able to do here vudoo magic and was able to take it over. As said above, it depends on who is asking I think. If I remember correctly, it was past 6 months since I booked and they were able to take it over.

1 minute ago, Tim B. said:

have one that is for September 2019 and it was way past the 60 days and MEI (Michelle) was able to do here vudoo magic and was able to take it over. As said above, it depends on who is asking I think. If I remember correctly, it was past 6 months since I booked and they were able to take it over.

my first one is oct 1 second one is nov 24 and Michelle at MEI is my agent she is wonderful I did not mention her name I don't know why but I was way past my 60 also it all depends on the experience Michelle has plenty of that and so nice and a great deal of confidence in her voice I look forward to seeing the world with her guidance

That is the beauty of a travel agent.  Beside the perks from RC we get an additional on board credit equal to what RC gives us plus a bottle of champagne  plus  1 specialty dinner and priority boarding which we already get .  That is the beauty of a travel agent.  WELCOME  to the blog. Enjoy your first and we would be willing to bet not your last cruise.  Not to be pushy you might want to visit the next cruise deck while on the cruise.  If you do book a future cruise then when you get home hook up with a good travel company and have your future cruise transferred over to the travel company.  ENJOY your cruise.  

To add to fonemanbob's comment above, if you go to Next Cruise while you're on a cruise that was booked through a travel agency, your next cruise booking will automatically be given to the same agency that you booked your current cruise with.

So, if you are inclined to change your TA for the next trip, make SURE that you tell the Next Cruise agent that you do NOT want your Next cruise booked through the current agency.  It is very difficult to have the booking switched over to a different agency.  In fact, some agencies will not do it at all and then there are hard feelings.

If you are happy with your TA then there's no problem but if you want to make a change, do not forget to tell them NOT to give the new booking to the old TA.