Drink package cancellation and repurchase

I purchases the deluxe drink package for my wife and I at $43 per person per day and used a $100 onboard credit to that purchase. It is now $42 p.p.p.d.. If I cancel the purchase and repurchase at the new price will I receive the $100 credit back to use towards the repurchase?

Yes, the OBC should "reappear" as soon as you cancel the original purchase.

On a side note -- Depending on how far away your cruise is, you might want to consider holding on to your on-board credit rather than using it to pay for the drink packages. The reason being that if you find a new promotion that you find works in your favor (lower base fare, better OBC, or a combination), you could find yourself unable to do the required cancel and instant rebook if the OBC from the booking you want to cancel is already used up and can't be reclaimed. Or, if the cancel goes through, you might find that the purchase(s) made with the OBC have been canceled as well in order to reclaim the OBC and process the booking cancellation prior to rebooking. The latter is especially bad if you bought on a good sale and then find the sale price never comes back.

Thank you guys! I thought that to be the case but I facebook messaged RC and the lady kept telling the the OBC would be refunded to the credit card I purchased the package with and I kept telling her she has to be wrong or everyone with a $300 dollar obc would just buy something with their debit card and cancel it and have $300 cash in their bank account.