My So Called Live Blog on Harmony

ellcee

Day 3 was a Sea Day. My routine is to get a soy latte, wake up a bit and meet friends at gym. After gym was pool day from 8:25 to 2pm with a break for breakfast. Some moodiness from one of us so stayed away. Breakfast at Windjammer and lunch at Park Cafe. A lot of drinks all day but again spaced out so I rarely felt anything. 

Dinner the last two nights has been surprisingly good. Beef tenderloin was like butter, i was shocked how good. Bolognese was pretty good. 

Weather has been funky, can feel the boat now for a full day. I don’t mind it though last night getting a glass of wine at Vintages then trying to walk to meet everyone on 15 was a little interesting.

today is St. Thomas. My throat is a little funky so skipping gym. Will walk the track in a few then we have All Inclusive St John’s snorkel and beach. Hoping I’m just tired. 

21 hours ago, Boston Babe said:

I think your attitude is something we can ALL learn to do, go with the flow!! LOL  So glad you're having a great time!

I appreciate that. I try to be in the moment - which is why I keep forgetting to take pictures- and try to be thankful. 

Everyone is so nice and for the most part bend over backwards to make you happy, I can’t get too upset about anything. 

Well, I wound up with a cold or a sinus infection that’s knocked me around a bit - same for a few others in the group but we’re all pushing. As @WAAAYTOOO said I’d rather be here sick than at home. 

Ill update days when I get back.

Stray thoughts-

No 10 drink cards have popped up. 

Chair hoggin in full effect. We’re doing it too but no chair is unattended for long unless we’re in  the pool. We take turns guarding and have been considerate in my opinion. On sea days I give up my chair around 2ish to go eat, nap run, etc. 

food’s been good, no real complaints. 

Back home yesterday. Ready to pick up where I left off. I made it a point to keep up with everything and not let being sick ruin my time but honestly I was wiped out.

Day 3 was St Thomas. We did not read the fine print and didn't realize we only had a hour and a half (which was really an hour + 20) to swim, snorkel and beach. The ferry was 45 each way and there was a bus that ate another 15-20 minutes of our time. We were all disappointed and annoyed at ourselves for not seeing the part that there was little time on beach. None of us would have picked this excursion. The lovely beach made up for it.

Back to the room for dinner. Again, no complaints for the food. Pleasantly surprised every night. Our service was impeccable - no complaints from our very large group. Elvis and Lalit were amazing and friendly every single night. Bar service during dinner was surprisingly quick.

Day 4 - St Kitts.

A bunch of us took a taxi to the Marriott for a day pass. $39 for use of beach, pools and discount on food and drink. The weather was crappy in the morning - light drizzle and cool for the Caribbean but as the day went on the weather turned amazing. Our mistake - not realizing St Kitts has an Atlantic side and a Caribbean side -(I know I'm not being technical - it's the cold meds, I'm a little cloudy) and we were on the Atlantic side which that day was full of sea weed. No beach for us. The resort was good though. 8/10. Pool could have been cleaner. By this point we were all way too lazy to go anywhere else and we wound up having a great day. We had a very easy group of people who were just happy for sun.

Back to port for a tiny bit of shopping and lunch. Park Cafe for the win with Windjammer closed. Back to room and dinner. Brought wine drinkers to Vintages - they lovvvvvved it. Drinks and cigars up on 15. Had the comedy show for 10:30 but just didn't feel like it.

Sea Days 5 and 6 - I'll combine because they were similar. Almost exact.

I lovvvvved these days. The cold/sinus thing knocked me out so I skipped the gym in the morning. Skipped breakfast as well  - at home I sorta do intermittent fasting and definitely if I don't work out in the morning, I don't eat til at least 1.Took towel and book and headed to adult pool on 15. RELAXED. Read. Swam. Chatted. Repeat. Oh yeah, for someone who was sick and already has a low tolerance (2 drinks is usually good enough for me)I sure drank a lot. Never once drunk but had a nice buzz. Around 1:30-2pm I'd leave the group and eat lunch at Windjammer. Both days I still had my morning buzz and brilliant me decided to jog. On the track. Buzzed. After a full stomach and multiple alcoholic drinks. WHO KNEW IT WOULD BE FUN?! I only ran 2.5 miles but still. I actually enjoyed it. I wouldn't recommend this and realize my stupidity. Normally I jog in the morning with an empty (besides coffee) stomach. I will say I sweated a tonnnnnn. Drank a bunch of water - also there are 2 water fountains on the track.

Back to room for shower, nap and dinner. Drinks and cigars (never for me) up on 15. We had Grease booked one of the nights, but again, too tired, didn't wanna.

Back to Fort Lauderdale. Debarkation. Something about the exit- one of the sides were closed (again not technical, blame it on cold meds) and we could all only get out one way.

O.M.G. Easiest experience ever. We kept our luggage and walked off at 6:30 with minimal waiting. At airport by 7:20. Would've been there even earlier but some miscommunication within our own group. Plenty of time for our 11:58 flight.

Stray thoughts/Things I forgot to mention:

Pools, only went in one pool and one hot tub. Very happy. As I mentioned before, we tried to never be chair hogs. One of us would go down early and then we'd all take turns - after the initial morning grab chairs no chair was unattended for more than 30 minutes, someone was always there or in the pool. One of the attendants on the 2nd sea day tried to say we were hogging but he was wrong, it was the row above. The last sea day I was in my chair by 7:25 and while I went up to fill my cup some guy came over and said I stole his chair. Lies. All good though, my friends were there and took care of it.

Bar service - pretty damn good. Quick. The good ones learned our names. Same as Cafe Promenade - the morning and afternoon staff knew my name and would get my coffee before I asked. They were tipped almost every time after that.

Sorrentos - again, We're all from New York. We likened it to frozen pizza, not the best but will do for a late night snack with no complaint.

Food overall - 8/10. 8 because the desserts, with exception of the cookies, were okay. Seafood cake - meh. Had some excellent steak dishes. Really good pasta dishes.

Drink Package - worth it for all the coffees, bottled waters and drinks. Still on the fence for my solo Bermuda trip on whether or not I'm getting it but it was well used during this one.

Honestly, I did not do very much. We relaxed A LOT. I realized how much I needed to just to relax and do nothing. I'm glad we booked shows but we never made it to them. I made it to the airport not thrilled to go home but not dreading work this week. That says a lot. There was plenty to do but most times I chose not to.

Thanks for the live blog, @ellcee! There's a lot to be said for just relaxing, especially when you're fighting off a cold or whatever. Glad you were still able to have a fun and enjoyable vacation.

Drink package on Anthem is back down to $42/day for the current sale, doesn't seem like it's going any lower than this. So you'll need to decide if that price ($247.80 total after auto-gratuities) is worth taking the gamble on how much you'll be drinking and how many coffees you'll have each morning. Considering that all places in Bermuda except bars and restaurants close at 5 PM, you may still find some value in it even with the two full days we have there. Depends on whether you think you'll be bar-hopping around Bermuda that one night.

Ooo - only saw one dog. After all of the complaints on the other site I was surprised. It was a Yorkie - In my opinion was  not a real service dog (no special harness) and it irritated me UNTIL I saw them again (I used the running track at least 4 days which is where the doggie pad is) and he ran to me to pet him. I'm a sucker for a sweet pup and all of my annoyance was gone.

Please understand I get the need for service dogs but think that sometimes people stretch the reasoning. I also would never bring my house pet on a cruise, it seems mean to them.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:10 AM, ellcee said:

Ooo - only saw one dog. After all of the complaints on the other site I was surprised. It was a Yorkie - In my opinion was  not a real service dog (no special harness) and it irritated me UNTIL I saw them again (I used the running track at least 4 days which is where the doggie pad is) and he ran to me to pet him. I'm a sucker for a sweet pup and all of my annoyance was gone.

Please understand I get the need for service dogs but think that sometimes people stretch the reasoning. I also would never bring my house pet on a cruise, it seems mean to them.

ummm ...a "Service Dog" would NOT run up to you.  Gotta love the nerve of some people.