Air Fare - Air2Sea

Been poking around looking at air fares to Fairbanks from Houston and then from Seattle to Houston. Have folks found that the lowest prices guarantee of Air2Sea is really lower? I'm not seeing that. It looks like the best time to book flights is 90 days b4 cruise (lowest fares).

2 hours ago, masterdrago said:

Been poking around looking at air fares to Fairbanks from Houston and then from Seattle to Houston. Have folks found that the lowest prices guarantee of Air2Sea is really lower? I'm not seeing that. It looks like the best time to book flights is 90 days b4 cruise (lowest fares).

Below are the terms of air2sea.  Note the highlighted portions.   What it means to me is that after booking, I have to find the lower fare.  Base fare meaning no upgrade to main cabin extra and the fare has to be available for me to purchase.  My very big reason for booking with them is their guarantee to get me to the ship if I fly in day of cruise.  Keep in mind that the 90 day suggestion may or not work.  If you want the flight, seat, or class you should book sooner than later.  We booked RT DFW-SEA business class several months ago and at the time it was less than AA.  Recent checking indicates that what I paid is only $20 difference.   I'm happy...

Royal Caribbean AIR2SEA; Low Fare Guarantee ensures you will enjoy the lowest available rate on your base airfare when you book with AIR2SEA. If you find a lower fare within 24 hours of booking, you will receive 110% of the difference applied to your cruise booking as an onboard credit to spend onboard. The lower price must be available for purchase

In some cases Air2Sea is cheaper (or very close) in other cases it isn't.  I know it's hard since many of us book cruises far in the future but for airfare the airlines hedge on fuel prices and keep prices high until they have a better idea as time gets closer so I've generally found cheaper airfare 2-4 months away.   

For the LCC's (low cost carrier) like Southwest that isn't always the case though. 

We are definitely wanting to stay away from multi hop flights (Houston-Chicago-LA-Seattle-Fairbanks) that take 20+ hours and totally bump up the chances of foul ups and lost luggage. I know this is impossible Houston to Fairbanks (at least on stop in Seattle). After debarkation in Vancouver we are looking to bus to Seattle or rent a car to sight see, then fly non-stop to Houston (cheaper, faster, less hassle). Southwest just to get to Seattle is a Dallas hop and $300. Alaska Air (no experience with them) can be a non-stop and as low as $99. Flight 350 at noon is always a non-stop and on a Saturday can be cheap.

22 minutes ago, masterdrago said:

We are definitely wanting to stay away from multi hop flights (Houston-Chicago-LA-Seattle-Fairbanks) that take 20+ hours and totally bump up the chances of foul ups and lost luggage. 

After looking at Google Flights I see what you mean about 20+ hours.  Some of the stop overs are even 7+ hours.  I also worry about lost baggage even on direct flights.  You watch your luggage on the conveyor belt as it goes into that dark hole in the wall and you wonder "Will I ever see it again?".  

20 hours ago, masterdrago said:

We are definitely wanting to stay away from multi hop flights (Houston-Chicago-LA-Seattle-Fairbanks) that take 20+ hours and totally bump up the chances of foul ups and lost luggage. I know this is impossible Houston to Fairbanks (at least on stop in Seattle). After debarkation in Vancouver we are looking to bus to Seattle or rent a car to sight see, then fly non-stop to Houston (cheaper, faster, less hassle). Southwest just to get to Seattle is a Dallas hop and $300. Alaska Air (no experience with them) can be a non-stop and as low as $99. Flight 350 at noon is always a non-stop and on a Saturday can be cheap.

Low fare on Alaska Air is a definite go in my experience. They are NOT a traditional low-cost carrier.