Total Newbie MDR/Beverage Package Question

psu_john

I'm surprising my wife with our very first cruise next summer for our 20th wedding anniversary.  We'll be taking a 4 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise aboard the Mariner of the Seas during the first week of June 2019.  Neither of us has ever been on a cruise before, so I'm a total newb when it comes to how things work.  However, I am a fast learner!

My question is around the the MDR and the classic soda package.  I understand the soda package comes with the souvenir cup you can use with the Freestyle dispensers.  Does the package also entitle you to comparable soft drinks offered at the MDR or do those still cost extra?

On 7/4/2018 at 2:26 PM, jurrjurr said:

Does anyone know if they put in Freestyle Coke machines on Mariner after the dry dock?

Got em! Two next to each other in the Windjammer, two next to each other in the Promenade, and I think I saw one someplace else also. I wish they had one out by the pool; granted that it's on the same floor as the Windjammer, but it's so far to walk!

How does it work when you have the unlimited drink package and you are in the restaurants?

Do you have to get up and go to a bar to get another glass of wine,

or can you order a cocktail from wait staff and they will get it for you?

Sorry in advance for the newbie question....

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

You can order drinks at the restaurant and they will be covered by the package subject to the regular package limits.

This. But if you’re eating in the MDR, you may want to pick up a glass of whatever you’ll be drinking beforehand, then order another as soon as you’re seated. Drink delivery in the MDR can be slow sometimes.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:22 PM, JLMoran said:

This. But if you’re eating in the MDR, you may want to pick up a glass of whatever you’ll be drinking beforehand, then order another as soon as you’re seated. Drink delivery in the MDR can be slow sometimes.

nice call... will hand carry one in, and order another as soon as the waiters show up!