Anthem to Gibraltar?

5 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

I would prefer the new Icon class ship !!

That will in part depend on how tall the ship is, as it has to be able to clear the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. Anthem and other Quantum class ships only barely manage that, with something like just a couple feet of clearance. According to this item that Matt posted earlier this year, Icon class ships will be higher gross tonnage than Quantum; that doesn't automatically mean they'll be taller than Quantum, but they're much closer in mass to an Oasis class ship than a Quantum class one, and that makes think they'll also be closer in height to Oasis class. Hope springs eternal, but I wouldn't count on seeing one of these ships in Cape Liberty any time soon after their arrival in the US.

10 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

I would prefer the new Icon class ship !!

If we had to wait for that one, we'd be stuck with nothing for way too long!  The new Quantum class is coming out in 2020, and Anthem is already scheduled here until April.  If it reports to Europe in June, then we have a tiny window without a ship.  Depending on when Q #5 is complete, hopefully she can come straight here. 

Just now, Sweety said:

Really. I Love Empress. Interesting. I can't wait to see the deployment schedule.

No not really.  I just though I dash the hopes of those eyeing the Icon class ships with something on the other end of the scale.  

I sale Empress at month's end and I am looking forward to it.  I should get a glass block on her which I planned deliberately.

40 minutes ago, twangster said:

No not really.  I just though I dash the hopes of those eyeing the Icon class ships with something on the other end of the scale.  

I sale Empress at month's end and I am looking forward to it.  I should get a glass block on her which I planned deliberately.

Woohoo, just received my third block.

2 hours ago, KathyC aka KathLuvsGH said:

If we had to wait for that one, we'd be stuck with nothing for way too long!  The new Quantum class is coming out in 2020, and Anthem is already scheduled here until April.  If it reports to Europe in June, then we have a tiny window without a ship.  Depending on when Q #5 is complete, hopefully she can come straight here. 

Do you think there would be a window without a ship? Currently doesn’t Adventure join Anthem?

1 hour ago, PrincipalTinker said:

Do you think there would be a window without a ship? Currently doesn’t Adventure join Anthem?

Adventure came up for the first time this summer, and will head back down south in the Fall.  She is currently only scheduled out until April 2020, and is still in Fort Lauderdale at that time. She moved up May 5th this year.  We used to have Explorer, so we'll have to see who they send when they announce the summer 2020 sailings.  But that's not a big enough ship for this area all by herself...our only other option is Celebrity Summit. 

42 minutes ago, KathyC aka KathLuvsGH said:

Adventure came up for the first time this summer, and will head back down south in the Fall.  She is currently only scheduled out until April 2020, and is still in Fort Lauderdale at that time. She moved up May 5th this year.  We used to have Explorer, so we'll have to see who they send when they announce the summer 2020 sailings.  But that's not a big enough ship for this area all by herself...our only other option is Celebrity Summit. 

Yes and Adventure is returning next summer too. I just don’t think they will go from two ships to none. 

23 hours ago, PrincipalTinker said:

Yes and Adventure is returning next summer too. I just don’t think they will go from two ships to none. 

I can't imagine they will keep Adventure here all winter.  She gets "amped" in 2021, so maybe they will let the winter beat her up a bit before refurb?  I don't know...we'll have to wait and see!