Oasis/Allure CV - Central Park VIEW

We are considering moving from an interior cabin to a Central Park VIEW room on Oasis. These aren't the ones with balconies, but are only on deck 9 with a window. To me they are similar to Royal Promenade View cabins on a Voyager Class ship.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/545005992390235584/?lp=true

Has anyone stayed in these?

Is there any noise from the restaurant or kitchen below?

Any noise from Central Park?

I have read conflicting reports with some saying the ambient restaurant music can be heard and runs 24 hrs, and others say no noise. I greatly appreciate it, and if you can report on any specific cabins you have stayed in that would be awesome.

We are specifically considering 9231/9233. Thank you!

Welcome to the message boards!

Central Park is pretty quiet at night.  Early evening, after diner there are sometimes a cellist or similar but they are pretty soft and hardly noisy.  They pipe in crickets chirping softly in the background at times but at night it is very quiet. 

The benefit of these types of cabin is having some daylight to know what it's like out.  No sea views obviously.  You will need to close the curtains at night or to change as rooms on the opposite side may have some sight lines into your cabin.

6 hours ago, ncstate7991 said:

We are considering moving from an interior cabin to a Central Park VIEW room on Oasis. These aren't the ones with balconies, but are only on deck 9 with a window. To me they are similar to Royal Promenade View cabins on a Voyager Class ship.

I haven't stayed in a promenade view room yet (have one booked in 547 days), so I can't compare. However, I did stay in a Central Park View room on the Allure and absolutely loved it. We stayed in room 9593 and @Matt did a photo tour of the cabin using my photos. You can view that tour here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/01/07/photo-tour-of-category-cv-central-park-view-stateroom-allure-of-the-seas

I really liked the design of the cabin, but particularly liked the window seat and the view out to Central Park. It has been one of my favorite cabins to date and I really liked the extra seating provided by the bay window.

19 hours ago, ncstate7991 said:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/545005992390235584/?lp=true

Has anyone stayed in these?

Is there any noise from the restaurant or kitchen below?

Any noise from Central Park?

I have read conflicting reports with some saying the ambient restaurant music can be heard and runs 24 hrs, and others say no noise. I greatly appreciate it, and if you can report on any specific cabins you have stayed in that would be awesome.

We are specifically considering 9231/9233. Thank you!

I have stayed in a Royal Promenade view room on Navigator and a Central Park Balcony room on a recent Allure sailing.

I wish I took a chance to look at the CP View rooms because I suspect they will have a lot of square footage since there is no balcony. I only have two complaints with the CP Balcony which would not prevent me from booking one again.

1. Storage was not that great compared to other ships I have been on. There were only three drawers and a few shelves. The shower size was awesome, and the bathroom was very nice.

2. The first night, with the balcony door closed, I could hear some partiers in Central Park making a lot of noise. I am guessing one deck down, someone in a Central Park View room could hear it as well. I think that is a one-off, and it didn't last long because I am certain someone else who was bothered complained as they were ushered out of there. I can't speak to noise below, but will say that when we were on Navigator, we were on Deck 6 directly above Cafe Promenade and could hear crew using the swinging door in the back of the cafe. So, It depends on what restaurant you are above. I would probably try not to be above Park Cafe. The other restaurants should not be an issue since yours appear to be above Chops on Oasis and Allure.

11 hours ago, ncstate7991 said:

@DocLC

thank you for the reply. So no noise issues from the restaurants below? I figure the evening noise from CP would be unlikely.

I don't recall any noise from below from the restaurants or the music at night in Central Park, and our room was right on top of Giovanni's Table.