No Pre-Order of Drink Package

I just saw a post on FB (Either Liberty or C&A) where a customer said they could not purchase the drink package on-line.  Further they said they called RC and were told you can no longer pre-purchase but must wait till you are on broad.  seems unlikely but in the responses several others said they too were able to place it in their cart but not check-out.  Anyone have info on this?  I cant believe RC would actually do this. 

12 hours ago, mworkman said:

@Lovetocruise2002 Why do you keep trying to send our members over to that other hateful site? What gives? Are you getting kickbacks from them? You don't like us anymore?  ??????

I still love you guys...but someone was asking and I happen to come across it earlier.  We Canadians are helpful people ?

Edited by Lovetocruise2002
Twangster is getting picky with grammar ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be on the Symphony in May 2019. They are advertising 10% off the refreshment package so I thought I would order it. I've tried three different times. I go through their whole painful process and when I hit enter, the purchase stops and it gives me some crap about my credit card (which works fine, just ask my wife). Makes me kind of wonder what's going on? I haven't called because we're still over 300 days from the cruise and I can get the package on the ship if I have to.

16 minutes ago, kontraxed said:

I'm going to be on the Symphony in May 2019. They are advertising 10% off the refreshment package so I thought I would order it. I've tried three different times. I go through their whole painful process and when I hit enter, the purchase stops and it gives me some crap about my credit card (which works fine, just ask my wife). Makes me kind of wonder what's going on? I haven't called because we're still over 300 days from the cruise and I can get the package on the ship if I have to.

With 300+ days you are likely better to wait for a sale,  US Thanksgiving comes to mind. 

FWIW, I had the same issues with my card on the Cruise Planner well before the current new site woes. Oddly, only for specific excursions. I did realize that the name on the card is not the same as the reservation (nickname vs full first name), and since I started making sure to use the correct name on the credit card section and reservation section, those problems seem to have gone away. Maybe similar in your case?

If that fails, you can always fall back to calling the 800 number and ordering over the phone.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 10:03 PM, twangster said:

With 300+ days you are likely better to wait for a sale,  US Thanksgiving comes to mind. 

@twangster I haven't seen more then the 10% off for our Symphony sailing on beverage packages in March 2019, I've been hoping that maybe we'll win with black friday. Does that seem likely in your experience? Black friday will be ~4 months before our sail date