Wine on board

CruisinTexan

Hello,

I was taking with some friends that said that they had taken 2 bottles of wine on their cruise. I cant remember the cruise line, but this person was allowed to take two bottles of wine, no liquor on board the first day of their cruise. the usual rules applied for port stops and such. Has anyone else heard about this? We like to drink Texas wines (we really try to support the locals) so we would love to bring a couple of bottles to our cruise. What's the consensus? Wine or no wine!?!?!?

Sorry, I just found my answer! Thought I would give you an FYI:

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00.

This is from the RCCL website. I am SO excited!! Hubby will be too!

• 8 years later...

Yes, place in carry on of person 21 and older.  They do not ask your stateroom number when you go through security. You can also carry on 22 water/soda/combination thereof.  They don’t typically look.  They did ask my son what was in his carryon bag and he replied soda….was asked “are you sure it’s not beer?” And he reaffirmed it was soda.  They let him continue on without looking,  

Ive carried on my own corkscrew.  You can ask your stateroom attendant  for one as well, and glasses.