Harmony of the Seas couples massage question...

kmcl

Hello - We've been on several cruises but never partake in any of the spa services. I'm trying to convince my husband to do a couples massage but am confused by the pricing. A single 50 min swedish massage is $90 but a 50 min couples massage is $269....that is 3x the cost for a single. Does that sound right?

I definitely will not get him to "try" it for that much. I am looking at pre-cruise pricing as we depart on July 7.

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Here is what my cruise planner says about the prices:

• Spa prices are dynamic based on the reservation time on select sailings. 30% Off- Embarkation Day, 20% Off- Port Day, and 10% Off- Sea Day from 6 -10 pm. If no reservations are available at the discounted pricing, all discounted reservations have been booked.

Basically if you are booking a massage on a sea day in prime time, you will pay $129 but you can pay less on sea days or for certain times (morning/evening).  It looks like the regular price on my sailing is $129.  I think if you look at the prices for a mid-afternoon sea day massage, you will see the full price of a massage for your sailing.  

I don't see a 50 minute couples massage to compare apples to apples but see a 90 minute one.   A 90 minute single swedish massage is $189 and the couple 90 minute is $369. 

These are my prices for my sailing and ship.  Yours could be slightly higher or less.

12 minutes ago, melski94 said:

I don't see a 50 minute couples massage to compare apples to apples but see a 90 minute one.   A 90 minute single swedish massage is $189 and the couple 90 minute is $369. 

I'm seeing the same prices on my July cruise as well, actually my 50 minute Swedish message was only $89.

As well as everything stated above, I figure the short 50 minute is to get you in the door and then hope you want more.

Your best deals are when boarding the ship that evening  and port days.  Yes the price is basically 2 singles or 1 couples massage. Don`t know when your cruise is so just watch for sales especially Black Friday sale.   Sea days and last 2 days are usually slammed.   

The couples massage prices are more about the couples experience together, rather than a BOGO offer.  

If you are looking for the best deal for 2 people to get a massage, book two individual massages.

If you are looking for a massage where you can both be in the same room and share in the experience, then the couples experience is for you.  

My wife and I had a couples massage back on our honeymoon and I recall wondering what the point of it was.  I suppose it's for the "romanticism" of being in the same room and enjoying a massage side by side.  I think a Windjammer buffet station side by side is far more soothing, but to each their own.

• 3 years later...
On 7/2/2018 at 9:38 AM, Matt said:

My wife and I had a couples massage back on our honeymoon and I recall wondering what the point of it was.  I suppose it's for the "romanticism" of being in the same room and enjoying a massage side by side.  I think a Windjammer buffet station side by side is far more soothing, but to each their own.

^this right here!! Couldn't agree more. Having done it once, we now book the same massage at the same time but singly. Not sure why, but I think we appreciated just the individual time we enjoyed with our specific masseuses.