Bottled Water

It's more like $40 for a package (I don't remember how many in a package - maybe 12).  Be aware these are quart size bottles, not the small water bottles you are used to.  I didn't realize that the first time I ordered them.  

These are almost too big to take on an excursion (they really weigh down a back pack) and they get hot if you have them out by the pool.  It is hard to fit more than one or two in the room fridge (which doesn't cool that well anyway).  I'd rather have the smaller bottles so I can drink directly from them, but this is better than nothing.  And Evian packages well so they are not flimsy.

Order from the cruise planner and have them delivered on Day 1.  They'll be waiting in your room.

Ordering a 12pk of water is a milestone for us - indicating set sail is nearing or just anxious to go.  ?   My experience with the new web site is different.  Water would not come up via cruise planner.  I had to click on "account" and select "royal gifts."  I could not get to the option @mworkman displayed above.  Probably, too early.  Notice the price difference.  

Screenshot_2018-06-29-04-27-29.png

• 2 weeks later...

I am 94 days from sailing and I was wondering the same thing about ordering water and soda.  I have gone into my planner and it's not an option for me yet.  I'm hoping once we get below the 90 day mark I will be able to order water and soda to be delivered to our room.  I do not need to order the soda package but depending on the cost of a 12 pack delivered to the room it may be cheaper to just get the soda package.  LOL  This will be my very first RCI cruise but my assumption was that they would be like other lines in that we had the option to pre-purchase water and soda for delivery.

7 minutes ago, azarak said:

I am 94 days from sailing and I was wondering the same thing about ordering water and soda.  I have gone into my planner and it's not an option for me yet.  I'm hoping once we get below the 90 day mark I will be able to order water and soda to be delivered to our room.  I do not need to order the soda package but depending on the cost of a 12 pack delivered to the room it may be cheaper to just get the soda package.  LOL  This will be my very first RCI cruise but my assumption was that they would be like other lines in that we had the option to pre-purchase water and soda for delivery.

You can order packs of water to be delivered to your stateroom but I have never seen soda (available for delivery).

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

You can order packs of water to be delivered to your stateroom but I have never seen soda (available for delivery).

Same here. But now that the idea is mentioned, it got me wondering why this is so.

It seems to me that most water drinkers are very picky about the purity: they need their water pure from the bottler - none of that adulterated tap water, thank you. And in contrast, soda drinkers tend not to care whether their soda is in a can or a bottle or a glass. (That actually surprises me, because I find fountain soda to be MUCH less carbonated than cans or bottles, but I guess most people either disagree or don't care that much.)

4 hours ago, Keeves said:

It seems to me that most water drinkers are very picky about the purity: they need their water pure from the bottler - none of that adulterated tap water, thank you.

It amazes me how some bottled water companies do very little other than bottling city tap water in their local plant while some might pass it through a very basic filtration system. 

I have drank the 'tap' water on many ships and never had a problem.

Bottled water is great to take into a foreign port off the ship on an excursion and know you can trust it. 

Freestyle machines on ships that have them are a source of filtered water that anyone one, with or without a drink package or special cup can use to get water.

So many thoughts on this. My wife and I drink a lot of water and I find it is easier (and maybe cheaper?) to get the refreshment package. We like decent coffee, fresh orange juice in the morning and bottled water, including carbonated water. I hadn't thought about bringing my yeti water bottle and drink cup. Does RCL have any heartburn with bringing and using those?

1 hour ago, kontraxed said:

So many thoughts on this. My wife and I drink a lot of water and I find it is easier (and maybe cheaper?) to get the refreshment package. We like decent coffee, fresh orange juice in the morning and bottled water, including carbonated water. I hadn't thought about bringing my yeti water bottle and drink cup. Does RCL have any heartburn with bringing and using those?

Bring your yeti but at the filling stations you can't fill them directly.  Use one of their glasses and dump that into your cup.  The idea is to avoid transferring your germs onto the machines.  

Also bring some dish soap to wash it occasionally.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2018 at 2:32 AM, twangster said:

It amazes me how some bottled water companies do very little other than bottling city tap water in their local plant while some might pass it through a very basic filtration system. 

I have drank the 'tap' water on many ships and never had a problem.

Bottled water is great to take into a foreign port off the ship on an excursion and know you can trust it. 

Freestyle machines on ships that have them are a source of filtered water that anyone one, with or without a drink package or special cup can use to get water.

Would the water be desalinated water on the ship ?

On 6/25/2018 at 5:50 PM, Sharist1 said:

How do you go about having water delivered to your cabin? What is the cost for a case?

Evian natural spring water. On our planner under dining and beverage it is $39US/12 one liter bottles or $69US/24 one liter waiting in your room on arrival.  Or use the water in your room made from sea water (desalinated).

• 4 years later...

Thank you guys very much for the information. This is our first cruise with RC and I was a bit frustrated that I couldn't find something as simple as ordering water. Now, 87 days from our cruise date, it is suddenly appearing at the bottom of the beverage list from the menu. I definitely would have purchased 24 not realizing they were going to be liters. For some reason they give no indication of what size the bottles will be in the details. So thank you very much again.

15 minutes ago, new2cruzing said:

I know this is from an old post, but can anyone verify what the current size water bottles are when you order? I've already pre-ordered and don't want to risk having waaaay too much water for 1 week.

It currently says 12oz. cans (not 1L). I have a sailing coming up where I ordered it and it says Dasani cans. Thinking of cancelling it because that doesn't really appeal to me.

48 minutes ago, new2cruzing said:

I know this is from an old post, but can anyone verify what the current size water bottles are when you order? I've already pre-ordered and don't want to risk having waaaay too much water for 1 week.

Currently it is 40% off.  $11.99 plus gratuities $2.15 Total is $14.14 for 12 (12oz) bottles.

I got 2 24 packs on my cruise in Liberty 3 weeks ago.  They were bottles.  If I remember correctly, they were just under 12 Oz each.  They weren’t Dasani, either.  I can’t remember which brand, I believe it was some off brand.  When I was in Symphony in February they were Evian.  I was hoping for that one again.

For our cruise on Liberty on the 28th of this month, I ordered the Water Can Package (24 Bottles) for $20.04 total. 

When I ordered it, the description said "Select a package of 12 or 24 (12-oz) bottles once you reserve" but showed a Dasani can in the picture.  I figure it'll be a surprise when we get to our cabin.

Water has been mostly the 16.9oz bottles lately, and the TRUE brand. Sometimes spring and sometimes drinking water despite what the page you order from states.  If you are picky about water, make sure you keep a copy of the order confirmation and description of what you ordered.  My mother ordered "spring" water from the website and was not pleased to receive "drinking" water.   

It does list the following so I guess we should expect drinking water in 12 oz bottles.

Overview

After a full day of adventure, satisfy your thirst with the crisp taste of purified water. Our lightweight, easy-to-transport bottles are the perfect way to hydrate after a day of exciting shore excursions and nonstop entertainment.

What's Included

• Select a package of 12 or 24 (12-oz) bottles once you reserve.

• 7 months later...
48 minutes ago, anamergirl said:

Where do you find this?

That was when they have it on sale.  Under Beverage.  Now is 12 bottles for 22.99 & 24 Bottle is $40.99.  Not sure if they are for 12oz or 1 liter.  As I know they start selling 1 liter on my other booked cruise.

image.thumb.png.9186319c12e6127184c9b69b9fac2c1e.png