Photos from the "new" Mariner

I do like some of the changes..however I feel some of  them look  cheap or "campy".....the chairs in the WJ aren't great IMHO nor some of the chairs showing by the sky bar.......it makes it look like a cheap upgrade.....maybe the quality of them is great but it doesn't look it..

that being said,  I am still looking forward to seeing it all for myself......3 months and 3weeks or so to go!

In other Mariner news..was looking a cruise compass from this Monday's sailing and on Day 2, formal night has been replaced by "Wear your Best" night. 

"Say goodbye to Formal night and hello to Wear Your Best.  Get glamorous, be chic.  It's time to shine - Your way." 

Looks like the are dropping formal night on these short cruises.

And....great news....2 days in a row now, the cruise compasses show Late Night Snacks in the WJ!!  10:30pm-12:30am!!

4 minutes ago, jurrjurr said:

I saw that.  We could have enough players for mah jong.  August 20th was the only week that worked with everyone in my party.  

When are the kids back in school in the USA?  

@jurrjurrI guess I will answer for @Lovetocruise2002 because she is from Canada?. It varies by area and grade levels. General rule would be first week in September.

12 hours ago, jurrjurr said:

I saw that.  We could have enough players for mah jong.  August 20th was the only week that worked with everyone in my party.  

When are the kids back in school in the USA?  

No clue!  I'm Canadian just like you! lol

I would have gone August 20th too if I did not have a classroom to set up.....

11 hours ago, Skid said:

@jurrjurrI guess I will answer for @Lovetocruise2002 because she is from Canada?. It varies by area and grade levels. General rule would be first week in September.

I thought that some kids go back mid-August?

5 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

No clue!  I'm Canadian just like you! lol

I would have gone August 20th too if I did not have a classroom to set up.....

I thought that some kids go back mid-August?

Many college students go August to May, but most high school and younger usually go right after our Labor Day holiday in early September and go to mid June. Later if snow day closures have to be made up. In our state, the mandate is 183 days.

Another highjacked thread--Sorry folks.

16 hours ago, Skid said:

Not in Illinois!  Most high schoolers are back mid August ( my husband and daughter are back Aug 13 this year) and the elementary here in suburbian Chicago is back the next week.  Jane

2 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Not in Illinois!  Most high schoolers back mid August ( my husband and daughter are back Aug 13 this year) and the elementary here in suburbian Chicago is back the next week.  Jane

Note to self....never move to Chicago...too cold and schools go back too early lol

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Note to self....never move to Chicago...too cold and schools go back too early lol

It is way too cold (says the girl who grew up in Michigan and wants to move to Orlando when she retires!).  I hate that the schools go back so early.  I know Michigan used to have a late that prohibited schools starting before labor day in an attempt to protect tourism.  Jane

In parts of Canada where I grew up the schools went back after Labor Day because many schools didn't have air conditioning.  It was often too hot to to start school in August. 

Here in Colorado many public schools start back early August but get out late May.  That often works well since there is often a week or two before cruise prices began to increase for the more traditional summer peak season.  

On 6/27/2018 at 9:26 AM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

In other Mariner news..was looking a cruise compass from this Monday's sailing and on Day 2, formal night has been replaced by "Wear your Best" night. 

"Say goodbye to Formal night and hello to Wear Your Best.  Get glamorous, be chic.  It's time to shine - Your way." 

Looks like the are dropping formal night on these short cruises.

And....great news....2 days in a row now, the cruise compasses show Late Night Snacks in the WJ!!  10:30pm-12:30am!!

Can't wait until August 2019.

7 hours ago, twangster said:

In parts of Canada where I grew up the schools went back after Labor Day because many schools didn't have air conditioning.  It was often too hot to to start school in August. 

It's still the same. Most schools don't have air conditioning. By June, with temps in the high 80s and 90s, it is no walk in the park ?

6 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It's still the same. Most schools don't have air conditioning. By June, with temps in the high 80s and 90s, it is no walk in the park ?

Chicago schools have air conditioners in every classroom. We had students who died because of asthma. The parents sued and one condition of the lawsuit was to put them in every classroom.

9 hours ago, Sweety said:

Chicago schools have air conditioners in every classroom. We had students who died because of asthma. The parents sued and one condition of the lawsuit was to put them in every classroom.

You barely lose your shoe if you get sued up here in Canada.  I always chuckle whenever I see school closures on TV after 1" of snow in Detroit.  

The best part about no A/C in the classrooms were the freezies they handed out.  

On 6/30/2018 at 11:33 PM, mom2mybugs said:

It is way too cold (says the girl who grew up in Michigan and wants to move to Orlando when she retires!).  I hate that the schools go back so early.  I know Michigan used to have a late that prohibited schools starting before labor day in an attempt to protect tourism.  Jane

Orlando schools go back pretty early too.  August 13th for Orange County this year, and they get out end of May.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes, I was really surprised by that too since they did on Adventure.  Makes me wonder what will happen with Oasis during her revitalization......?

Adventure had been planned for a while, starting in 2016 I think.  Those materials were bought, paid for and in a warehouse waiting to be installed.  For other ships I suspect they had to limit themselves.  Add skypads and slides to more ships or include cabin renovations but on fewer ships.  This stuff all costs money and money only goes so far.

Since I don't spend a lot of time in my cabin, I'm okay with it.  Sure I'd love new decor but then they would have to raise fares to do cabins and the new features.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RestingBirds said:

Looks amazing!  I have nothing booked, been waiting to make sure the new baby is healthy.  Born a few days ago, all is well...now I can get booking! ?

I needed a moment to figure out if the "new baby" you were referring to was Mariner or an actual newborn. Long workday. ? Glad to say that I did finally clue in you meant your personal offspring.

Big congratulations to you and your wife!

11 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I needed a moment to figure out if the "new baby" you were referring to was Mariner or an actual newborn. Long workday. ? Glad to say that I did finally clue in you meant your personal offspring.

Big congratulations to you and your wife!

lol, going back and reading it...I get it, totally could've been Mariner I was talking about.  Thanks!  Actually hoping to book Independence because of the toddler pool.  BUT I may try to book Mariner for just me and the wife.