B2B Poll: What would you do/choose??

If the itinerary was different on the second half, I'd stay on the same ship and cabin, but I'm assuming you can leave your stuff in the room and not have to pack and unpack.  If that assumption is wrong, then I change my vote.

I would never do a B2B with the same itinerary.  Why would you do a B2B versus a 2 week cruise to lots of different ports?

I would do a B2B if the itinerary was different, like western one week and eastern the next.  I would most likely stay in the same cabin out of pure laziness. Who wants to unpack twice?  Not me! LOL  I guess the only way I'd do a different ship the for the second week is if there was another in the same port, as I know I would not want to travel to another one.  

The idea of a B2B is very appealing.  I would stay on the same ship in the same stateroom if the itinerary changed.  I wouldn't want to bother making a lateral move but I suppose on an Oasis class ship it might be interesting to be in Central Park for a week and then perhaps an ocean view.   An exception to an itinerary change  would be something like the Mariner GC.  Unfortunately, it occurs in the heart of tax season. LOL  I would consider hopping on another ship if it was an easy transfer.  I guess it all depends on the ships and the ports.  

Sometimes we change cabins on B2B because of price. A balcony on a T/A(Rhapsody) to Barcelona was reasonably priced, however the following 7 day sailing(Cannes, Rome, Naples, Sicily, Venice) was very expensive. We changed from a balcony to an interior.

We change cruise lines also. RCI wanted a pile of money for a New Years cruise out of Miami. We got an aft balcony on the Divina for less than half of what RCI wanted. We got off the Divina, and went next door to the Navigator and did a 9 day ABC island sailing that we had never done.

Sometimes we just like to stretch out our trips. Did an Indy T/A this past Oct.(England/Fll) and when we got off, we got an RCI shuttle bus to the Serenade parked at berth 29 and boarded for 5 day carib.

I figure if I am going to spend money on flights, might as well stay a while and see some new things and meet some new people. 

We let price and itinerary drive our choices, rather than having to change cabins. Changing cabins is not an issue for us.

24 minutes ago, L454S said:

Sometimes we change cabins on B2B because of price. A balcony on a T/A(Rhapsody) to Barcelona was reasonably priced, however the following 7 day sailing(Cannes, Rome, Naples, Sicily, Venice) was very expensive. We changed from a balcony to an interior.

We change cruise lines also. RCI wanted a pile of money for a New Years cruise out of Miami. We got an aft balcony on the Divina for less than half of what RCI wanted. We got off the Divina, and went next door to the Navigator and did a 9 day ABC island sailing that we had never done.

Sometimes we just like to stretch out our trips. Did an Indy T/A this past Oct.(England/Fll) and when we got off, we got an RCI shuttle bus to the Serenade parked at berth 29 and boarded for 5 day carib.

I figure if I am going to spend money on flights, might as well stay a while and see some new things and meet some new people. 

We let price and itinerary drive our choices, rather than having to change cabins. Changing cabins is not an issue for us.

Great points!! Different choices and avenues to consider! 

How about the people who live on the ship for several months at a time.  We have met a few over the years and they are very interesting to speak with.    Now that is what you can truly call back to back.    We will do back to back only if the itineraries are different.    We are looking at back to back Australia cruises in 2020 that will total 34 nights.  Same ship so as not to have to  pack and unpack.   A good travel agent can make that work for you.  They seem to have a lot more clout than the average person does when planning a trip as we have experienced.  

I would love to go b2b but would want to stay on the same ship, different itinerary.  I'd like the ease of staying in the same cabin but super intrigued by changing up the cabin type as well!  My only problem is that a b2b would take away from the trip next year.  I need lottery or have twangster or matt adopt me!  Jane

For me I think it would be based on the ports.  

If the Caribbean, then switch it up with different ship/ports. However, if Oasis class then maybe not as there is a lot to explore on the ship alone.

I'd love to do the same ship and ports if a Med cruise.  Too much to see in on port days and since airfare is expensive, I'd like to do as much as possible. 

We love doing B2B cruises as we find just one is never enough!

We always stay in the same stateroom as we book early enough to get the room we want. However, we have met many people who have changed staterooms and it is made very simple for them. I believe everything hanging in the wardrobe can be left there and the stateroom attendants will transfer it to the next room. So the amount of packing is substantially reduced.

All of our B2Bs have had different itineraries, which has been great for variety, but I wouldn't totally discount doing the same itinerary on consecutive cruises. Our best B2B was a repositioning cruise on Explorer, starting from Sydney, going to Seattle, then going to British Columbia, then going to Alaska. It was well worth traveling right around the world to do.

Count me in the "stay on the same ship and stateroom" group, but only if the itineraries are different or, as @melski94 noted, if it's a port-intensive Med cruise where you just can't see and do it all in one shot. It would be a huge relief to know that I could skip a port day on one leg to see as much as possible the prior day, and just make it up on the next leg!

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Count me in the "stay on the same ship and stateroom" group, but only if the itineraries are different or, as @melski94 noted, if it's a port-intensive Med cruise where you just can't see and do it all in one shot. It would be a huge relief to know that I could skip a port day on one leg to see as much as possible the prior day, and just make it up on the next leg!

I concur!!! And booked same shape, different itineraries for 2019 Xmas/New Years out of San Juan!! Thank you!!