Photo Package

The photo package can be a great deal, but it relies on you to take the time to stop and take a lot of photos with the ship's photographers. There's certainly ample opportunity and many have reported getting a ton of great photos with the package.  I think they key is to get into the habit quickly of stopping to take photos and even taking individual photos to help get more shots in.

On 6/17/2018 at 7:30 PM, Amcphee34 said:

My wife and I will be sailing 7 nights  on Anthem on October 27.  I was thinking of getting the photo package that include all pictures on a USB.  However, I am not sure how many pictures they take and am wondering if it is worth purchasing the package. 

We got 133 pictures on ours last July on the Oasis

Or you can carry a  compact camera and have someone take your picture.   Most everybody is happy to take pictures.  Our one and only family cruise that we did NONE of the formal night pictures turned out. From that day forward we always have a compact camera with us.  A USB or disc is nice to have.   We have never purchased a package but always buy 2 or 3 pictures each cruise.  The key is to visit every single photographer and get a picture taken.  Some of the best pictures we have are doing casual poses or being silly when leaving or coming to the ship.  A picture is worth a thousand words and can be priceless to look back on.  

I have heard about these photo packages, but I've never seen an advertisement for them. I get ads for drink packages, excursions, spa treaments. But I've never seen an ad for photos. Can someone show me where this stuff is? (And while you're at it, please forgive this newbie for asking!) Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Keeves said:

I have heard about these photo packages, but I've never seen an advertisement for them. I get ads for drink packages, excursions, spa treaments. But I've never seen an ad for photos. Can someone show me where this stuff is? (And while you're at it, please forgive this newbie for asking!) Thanks!

Never mind! I found it in the Cruise Planner. It was weird: When I first looked at the Cruise Planner, there was a main menu called "Photography", but after I logged in, it was gone. So I tried looking in "Internet & more", but that had only 3 levels of Voom. But then I went into "Internet & more" a second time, and it had 3 three Voom followed by two photo packages.

Okay, I have now been initiated into the "Buggy Website Complaints" group. ☹️

I was just looking at the photo package, as I am hoping a picture of the family turns out - If it does I'll end up buying 4 of the same photo.  The photo package says (for Explorer of the Seas) $199 for 20 photos, either printed or USB.  So my question is what is the cost of just one photo if I don't buy the photo package - anyone know?  And what size would it be?  Trying to figure out the best deal!  Thanks!

11 hours ago, MomOnTheRun said:

I was just looking at the photo package, as I am hoping a picture of the family turns out - If it does I'll end up buying 4 of the same photo.  The photo package says (for Explorer of the Seas) $199 for 20 photos, either printed or USB.  So my question is what is the cost of just one photo if I don't buy the photo package - anyone know?  And what size would it be?  Trying to figure out the best deal!  Thanks!

IIRC, one 8x10 photo is $20. I want to say that's the standard price across the fleet.