Making RC cruise experience even better

I guess we are all here love to cruise with Royal Caribbean. 

Although I only cruised with RC until now (so I cant compare)   I feel  we are  getting wonderful experience and a good value for our  money. 

Still from time to time I think there are few small things which if RC changed/added could  make the experience even better  , I guess each one have is own list :

Leaving the WJ open for longer hours at the evening  - currently, beside the room service its very hard to find something to eat after 9 PM .

Iron room - I understand why they will not locate iron on each room but maybe iron room in few places  can be used if you need to iron a T shirt, yes I know I can give the shirt to iron for a fee but it takes time to get it back and sometime it cost more than the T shirt ?

In room  Kettle  - just to start the morning with a coffee or tea  without going all the way to the nearest station, I know its not a safety issue as you get them in JS and up . if its a matter of stocking the coffee product well , they can say its self service , meaning , if you want coffee/sugar/tea bags, just bring some from one of the coffee places.

Room service outside of your room - lets say its night time , WJ is already closed and you do not feel eating a Pizza or sandwich, your partner is already sleeping, it could  be nice to be able order food (with the same fee) to some of the other places , maybe even leave some of the WJ table sections open just for it ? 

Oh and most important , working, friendly, usable  website .... 

I wonder what other people will suggest ?

An in room kettle is available, even in staterooms, albeit a tiny one which is still enough for 2 mugs of tea/coffee. I love your idea of an iron room, I would’ve looked a lot smarter on occasions if that was available ? Agree with the WJ being available later in the evening.

Personally I’d love to see some of the small touches return, when I first cruised with RC in 2006, chocolates on the pillow, the midnight buffet, chocolate party and the pool party have all disappeared. Also found last week the welcome aboard carved fruits and ice sculptures are no longer in the WJ, instead just a welcome aboard cake was at the front. Some of the events now have become $ costed now, whereas before they were free to participate in. 

While on Empress of the Seas, WJ was open until 9pm.  They were open again for late-night snack (burgers, hot dogs, nachos, chicken wings, desserts) 1030pm-1230am.  Sandwiches only station in WJ 12:30am-1:30am.  Keep in mind they do not have a 24-hour food option available on the ship.  I think they should at least adopt the late night snack in WJ fleet-wide.  Sorrentos is the only hot food option on the newer ships other than room service.  

3 hours ago, 3trinitythree said:

An in room kettle is available, even in staterooms, albeit a tiny one which is still enough for 2 mugs of tea/coffee. I love your idea of an iron room, I would’ve looked a lot smarter on occasions if that was available ? Agree with the WJ being available later in the evening. 

I believe that sailings from the UK include a kettle in every room whereas those sailing from the US do not. No idea why the inconsistency exists (unless they are afraid UK guests would riot if deprived of their morning cup of tea!!).

Not sure what else I would want to see. Perhaps an afternoon cream tea? 

Love the kettle in the room idea.  And to my knowledge, it is as @JohnUK said above that for UK sailings, there is a kettle available in every room. 

I would also say that they need to bring back the small touches too like the chocolates on the pillow, the loving cups, and the midnight buffet.  Those are the things I miss the most. 

As for what should they add, I would love to see RC have the options like Celebrity where you could pick a couple of perks to go with your booking and last but not least, a pool, bar, and eating area on the suite sundeck (but it looks like they might be headed that way already).

It should be quite simple for RC to keep the WJ open for extra few hours, even if it will be limit to one section.

Two more things I would love to have  are : Ability in the WJ to walk and bring some more food without losing the table and without the need to leave someone to watch. The other thing is some kind of a timer on the pool chairs , once someone is leaving the chair he can start this timer (for 10-15 minutes) and if he is not returning by that time he will lose it.

They could just charge a small fee to visit the WJ after  9pm..like $5.95 per guest or something.....you know..like they are doing with everything else now in the name of making it a better experience and giving you more options.:33_unamused:

As for what I would like to see..i agree with later food options at night..or room service free till midnight or something..and other than that...I am pretty content...just stop charging for every  little extra thing.......