First time teen cruiser says......

In am returning right now from Harmony of the Seas.  It was our first cruise ever!  My hubby and I took our14 year old son, and I just wanted to share his first time with the teen club, which was VERY important to us on our vacation.  The first night, there was a meet and greet in the club, and he said that it was PACKED!  The kids seemed to exchange Instagram addresses, phone numbers etc. the first night and then arrange to meet up throughout the week in groups of 5-30 kids.  He had a blast!   The kids met for lunches, dinners, Flowrider sessions, and the late night dance parties were amazing he said.  The Hush silent dance party with the headphones was the best party of his life he said.   They had games like Battle of the Sexes, which was a boys vs girls very competitive game, karaoke, and many other events.  They had an ice skating party, which required long pants, so pack those too!  My son is pretty outgoing and had no problem making lots of friends and tearfully told us this morning that he had the best week of his life........  my hubby and I felt like we had a “date” with it being just the two of us for the majority of the week, so keep that in mind parents!  To sum it up, have no fears about your teen making friends and finding lots of kids to do fun things with all week!  Have a great trip!  

Thanks for posting this.  I’m bringing two teens on Allure in August, and I hope they enjoy the cruise as much as your son.

I booked entertainment for the first night, then read about the teen meet-and-greet (likely on this site), and re-arranged the entire week’s schedule to free up this time for them.

6 hours ago, Blondie511 said:

To sum it up, have no fears about your teen making friends and finding lots of kids to do fun things with all week!  Have a great trip!  

Really glad to hear this! Thanks for sharing your son's experience.

The first night going to the teen center is crucial!  Sets up the entire week!   My fifteen year old has now been on 3 cruises (freedom and vision)  and found kids on every one and she isn't always the most social.   Glad you guys enjoyed "date week" and your son had a good time!  Jane

My nephew found friends for life at the teen hangout. Now he let's them know what cruises we are taking and vice versa with his friends. We have become friends with their parents. Now my nephew is graduating from college next year and the friends are joining us for a graduation cruise. We are calling it Florida-Illinois graduation cruise.

17 hours ago, Sweety said:

My nephew found friends for life at the teen hangout. Now he let's them know what cruises we are taking and vice versa with his friends. We have become friends with their parents. Now my nephew is graduating from college next year and the friends are joining us for a graduation cruise. We are calling it Florida-Illinois graduation cruise.

This is cool!  My daughter still texts and snapchats with the other 12 year olds she met (3 years ago) on her first Vision cruise.  Jane

53 minutes ago, MomOnTheRun said:

So glad to hear the teen program is good!  We are cruising toward the end of Aug, and hoping my 15 year old son finds kids to hang out with.  He's social - as long as someone starts the interaction. I"m just hoping end of Aug still has lots of kids.

There should be Canadian kids! Most schools here return the Tuesday after Labour day.