Hotels and Restaurants in San Juan

Alternate restaurant, off the touristy path -- Tropical Taste. Was just there this past April and loved the place. Tucked away in the back of a gift shop, a few minutes walk from the pigeon park that's close to the pier area. Apologies that I can't give an exact address, we stumbled across it while being guided through Old San Juan by a friend of my daughters and searching for a non-touristy spot to have lunch. Great conch if you want to try something different, and fantastic mojitos.

7 hours ago, twangster said:

Pinging @KLAconQueso.  

I have been summoned! 

Consider looking for an AirBnB rather than classic hotel - there are a lot of options that are considerably more affordable than a hotel, however many of them do have a two night minimum. For another Old San Juan hotel option, look at Hotel CasaBlanca - my MIL and FIL stayed there and they said it was nice! 

Restaurants - 

Barrachina is definitely worth a stop, as others have noted! Their pina colada is the original, and also delicious. 

For a cheap happy hour and good food go to Greengo's on Calle Fortaleza - Mexican food, but good! 

Another Puerto Rican food stop that's good for large groups in Old San Juan is Vaca Brava!