A Royal Luxury expansion ...

Not bad... spend a billion on one new ship or spend a billion and get many ships and a loyal customer base.

For all those seeking all-inclusive they can now offer that on even more ships. 

It will be interesting to see how they position Azamara now.

People have been asking for small ships - boom.

Royal can now give DCL a run in one category:

Just now, twangster said:

I'm hoping they do merge IT.  Maybe bring some fresh blood into Royal - only one way to go... up!  ?

Royal is certainly trying to get their clean up the act and get the tail out from under their legs, but it is going to be a very slow process. I do like how the accounts are going with Excalibur and online, but there are still mountains to move in the IT realm on Royal.

But you are right: 

1 minute ago, twangster said:

only one way to go... up!  ?

1 minute ago, CraftyCat05 said:

Royal is certainly trying to get their clean up the act and get the tail out from under their legs, but it is going to be a very slow process. I do like how the accounts are going with Excalibur and online, but there are still mountains to move in the IT realm on Royal.

I booked Spectrum this week, direct on the website.  When I called Royal to service the booking they told me one reservation was for an Azamara ship and the other was for Celebrity Constellation.   I had to get a supervisor involved although I was very eager to cruise Azamara and a part of me wanted to ask them "What Azamara ship are you putting me on and when?!" 

It took a while before they could figure it out in the system even though it appeared fine in my account online.  They need help.

Just now, twangster said:

I booked Spectrum this week, direct on the website.  When I called Royal to service the booking they told me one reservation was for an Azamara ship and the other was for Celebrity Constellation.   I had to get a supervisor involved although I was very eager to cruise Azamara and a part of me wanted to ask them "What Azamara ship are you putting me on and when?!" 

It took a while before they could figure it out in the system even though it appeared fine in my account online.  They need help.

*Cue the Price is Right losing horns* 

Growing pains and just out right lack of a good IT team. This isn't Google or Apple we must remember, but it would be smart to hire some people who know how to use a semi-colon in code. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I.T. really stands for Insufficient Talent.  I would say a downward trend will happen as more cost cutting will be needed for the big purchases that are  been  being made.  Beans and corn bread will be the standard meal and anything else in the M.D.R. will be at a nominal cost.  Unless they opt to make them buffet style.  Rooms will be tended to every 4th day and so on.  Where will it all end.  Your guess is as good as any ones.   

Their website really did somehow get worse, who knew it was possible.

The company cruise is this weekend (finally, what a freaking nightmare organizing that was) ... so everyone is finally doing check-ins etc. I think we have about 1/3 have had somekind of issue this week ... driving me nuts.

To top it off even though we booked direct with Royal's group department they decided to mark me down as the Travel Agent so they wont deal with anyone directly and make me get on the phone for every freaking call ..... oh we spelled your name wrong somehow but it was right yesterday .... yes sorry we cant fix that you need to have your travel agent get on the line with us ... How does someones name get changed randomly ????? And yes I know it did, we have screen shots showing before and after .....