No pizza from the port to the ship

Store keeper Canfield`s for everyone   Their is literally no rhyme or reason.  We are always bringing  food on from our stops.  Then again when I go thru security the alarms go off because I have 3 replaced joints.  Just lucky I guess when bringing food.   The diversion must work.   By the end of our cruises the security people  they all know me and when I approach they all start chuckling.     

On 6/13/2018 at 10:48 PM, Jerry C said:

Just want to remind everyone that when I was in Naples, I wanted to bring pizza onboard, but stopped by Custom, I don't undersand why.

I saw many people did it , so don't bring it onboard. 

It's pretty much a worldwide norm for customs and/or agriculture to not allow food like that to enter or leave the country. It's one thing to bring packaged foods; it's another thing entirely to bring fresh foods.

20 hours ago, shortgirlc123 said:

When I was in Cozumel there were police dogs sniffing bags to make sure no food came off the ship.

16 hours ago, hayley_bopp said:

I bet food isn't the only thing they were sniffing for in Mexico! ?

So.. story time. 

I went on my first ever cruise with my then-boyfriend-now-husband's family. The second stop of the cruise was Cozumel. In our first stop (Belize), I came back to the ship starving because the only lunch options available were basically burgers or hot dogs and I'm a vegetarian, so I wanted to bring a snack off of the ship with me for our second stop so that if I encountered this situation again, I'd have something to eat. 

So, we're walking off the ship in Cozumel as a group and passing the dogs, and suddenly one of the dogs who had been sniffing my bag sits down and his officer turns to look at me. DH's entire family turns to stare at me pretty alarmed, and I'm sitting there mentally screaming 'I SWEAR I DON'T HAVE DRUGS'. Then the guard just says nicely and plainly, "do you have any produce in your bag?" and I quickly hand him my bananas. 

We still laugh about it today, and if I decide to bring a snack it's pre-packaged. ?

17 hours ago, hayley_bopp said:

I bet food isn't the only thing they were sniffing for in Mexico! ?

I'm not sure I get the joke... 

21 hours ago, shortgirlc123 said:

When I was in Cozumel there were police dogs sniffing bags to make sure no food came off the ship.

This is normal, you're entering a Country. Mexico’s Ministry of Agriculture prohibits the import of a number of items because they pose a huge risk for potentially introducing disease or plague into the country. For example, homemade foods, meats, hay/straw, and dirt are all prohibited from being imported into Mexico. Every country has the right to do this and they have very good reasons to do it. The same happens when you enter USA.

Greetings